Hello guys

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LaBlkH2Odiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Im a 35yo new to diving. In fact I just got my OW certification last weekend. I am a firefighter/paramedic and have been for 13yrs. Our FD is training us to assist the local Sheriff Dept in recovery. Look forward to chatting with everyone.

What PWCPD said. :D

Fill out your profile so we know a bit more about you. What type of training are they leaning towards?

One thing I can't stress hard enough is; "DO NOT LET PEER PRESSURE PUSH YOU INTO ANYTHING YOU DON'T FEEL GOOD ABOUT." With diving anyone can refuse to dive for any or no reason at any time, no questions asked. That macho stuff kills PSD's.

Gary D.

Gary thanks for the advice. Its something I have been wanting to do for a long time. I plan on beeing old and play with grandkids some day so I dont let peer pressure get to me. My first training class with SO is next month. Im looking forward to going. The training pit as it is called is basically a muddy 5ft duck pond that is a couple of acres in size.Oh and I updated my profile.

Welcome to the forum! This is a lively group with a tremendous amount of knowledge. If there is anything members of this forum can do to assist (collectively or individually) please know we are only an e-mail or phone call away.

Blades Robinson

Welcome aboard! We are all always learning here.

vablackwater:
Welcome aboard! We are all always learning here.
If you ever quit it's time to hang up the fins and get into a recliner. :wink:

Gary D.

Welcome aboard! Learning is key as well as practice.

There has been a tremendous amount of experience, lessons, ideas and thoughts previously shared on this board. I would highly recommend (assuming you have the time) reading through the previous threads and posts. In particular, Gary has on several occaisions captured the essence of what we do in some pretty powerful descriptions of previous dives. It is not fun, but as a firefighter, the experience and training we receive on the fire side, does help in performing PSD.

Good luck and stay safe!

Dan

LaBlkH2Odiver:
How long have you all been doing PSD? W

I started about 28 years ago, then the FD team fell apart about 22 years ago. This team was trained by an ex-Navy Seal who took the team members WELL beyond basic scuba and then open water scuba certifictions back then. We received a lot of extra training without available certifications back then, but the experience was tremendous.

Got back into it with a neighboring fire department's dive team 6 or 7 years ago. I will have spent 30 years (early next year) in the volunteer fire service.

Dan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom