%@#$&%$%#

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary D.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
It's nice to be filled up.

Well it’s official.

Our team member that quit the department for greener pastures is back on board and as of now back on the team. I issued him his gear after briefing today.

H got his old suit, weight belt, knife, fins, UK 800R light, Mini C back up light, 75’ throw bag, 2 tanks and ice picks.

But he got a new Stern’s 100mph PFD, Pro-Tec helmet, titanium hood, Cressi full face, dry gloves, a Zeagle Tech and a full pump bottle of Silicon Lube.

Stuff on order that he still needs issued, because I’m out of, are a second knife, shears, tank beacon, 200’ rope bag, Stern’s float coat, PFD light, harness, Pelican and “H” floats, Gorilla bag and what ever else we can come up with.

At least he’s ready to respond if we get a call.

This is the first time in a long we have been up to full staffing. Five ready to go, two FNG’s that can go with supervision and three learning the ropes from the dry side for now.

We still have our five from outside agencies. Two are ready to go for most calls and the three we are working with. Those three will be a while yet but they are coming along.

Having seven ready to go is a luxury. At least we can handle two calls at once should the need arise again.

Gary D.

The snotty nosed kid, who is one good diver, has just turned in his resignation again. This time he is going to the city PD but we still lose him from the team.

Unless the city will let him return once his FTO and probation period is over.

We are now down to 4 strong divers and 5 in training.

&^%%)^&G(()$$#(_ Fill in the blanks with what ever is not suitable for posting. :wink:

His last day is 103006

Gary D.

Looks like a whole lot of good with a little bad mixed in.

You guys get better toys than we do.

ReefGuy wrote: 'Looks like a whole lot of good with a little bad mixed in'

Just curious - Can you elaborate on this comment? I was just wondering, seeing how I'm the 'snotty nosed kid' he's referring too.. :blinking:

The reality is that the team has plenty of good troops on it that, given the circumstances, will do just fine (my opinion only gary).. I didn't have nearly the amount of training/support time in as what the new guys get before I was doing recoveries with no assistance..)

As far as the change, the place WE work at doesn't provide what I need for myself and family... (ie - subpar benefits, pay and no long term potential - Gary notice I left out all the trash talk about the administration! :eyebrow: ).. I hope to obtain this by the switch... And while I used to think that the JOB and all its responsibilites for the #1 priority, I've returned to reality and recogonize it's a job and its purpose is to support my family...

I've been on our team for just about 3 years and to be honest its (the team) has always been a real factor when I've thought about leaving..

In the same sense, Its been a tough year for me with some of the recoveries and I think that a year or so probation period (which keeps me off the team) will probably be a good thing.

PS - Gary, for the comment about 'snotty nose kid' - this one's for you! :mooner: :mooner:

JS

Back
Top Bottom