Toys, toys, our world is full of toys

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary D.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Please don’t throw rocks at us. :D But we have been given access to yet another very useful tool for diving.

The county fire department just took delivery of a nice big enclosed tandem axle trailer. Inside that container is a 37 horsepower diesel engine. Connected to that engine is a 6000# (operating psi) BAUER compressor with from what I can tell from the training manual, 4 storage bottles that are 481cf each.

Folks, that’s 1924cf of stored air. I could go down when the weather gets hot and come up later in the year when it cools down. Now to find a BP that will hold them. :D

To top that off it has a bazillion watt auxiliary lighting system on it. Talk about brightening up your day. :D

Looks like the FD is going to certify a couple of us in its care and operation so we can use it anytime and anywhere we need it.

If you promise not to have one of those things a guy and a gal have when the lights go down here it is. :D
http://www.bauercomp.com/norfolk/product/Tcom13-25.htm OK, I had one. :D I'm still having it. :D

Gary D.

Yeah, but I bet it gives hot fills:mooner:

:grngreedy Man you guys make me ill. Must be nice to have a dept that likes to spend money on equipment.

LaBlkH2Odiver:
:grngreedy Man you guys make me ill. Must be nice to have a dept that likes to spend money on equipment.
It's not just our department spending the bucks. It's a joint effort with all the emergency services coming together to get the job done.

How many FD out there are going to hand over a multi buck piece of equipment to the LEO’s? And how many Disaster Services Units are going to hand over an even bigger buck piece of equipment to LEO’s?

This is the type of working relationships ALL the departments around the country and world have to strive for. None of us can afford to have it all but when we pool everything we can. I don’t think anyone anywhere has a better working relationship than we have between all the emergency services. It’s like we are just one big department.

If teams don’t do anything else they need to bring everyone closer together and work together for a common goal.

When we bicker the only people it hurts are the people we are sworn to protect who are also the people that maintain OUR lifestyles.

Gary D.
:wink:

Well said Gary!

Now I want one!!!!!!!!

LE/FD relationships are valuable!! Our county FD responds with a "Light/Air" rig which we can plug our surface supplied manifold into the compressor and have an endless supply of air. They are great to have to fill bottles onscene. They have given us instruction in the operation of their 8500 psi compressor at one of their stations, which we have installed a water tank so we can fill all of our bottles after training days.

I just wish we had some of the other toys Gary gets to play with.
:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom