Guardian FFM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DSAR592

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Our team needs to buy 4 ffm. We currently use the interspiro aga. We are pleased with them as we have been for years. I have been looking at the guardian ffm. The price alone could save us about 1200.00 of initial cost. Money is not everything though and I would like to hear from anyone that has used the guardian. Thanks

it is the best bang for the buck the design is great for psd i have the hard wire with offboard wireless they are great very seldom you get what you pay for . this time I did

HowardE recently started using one. Why not send him a pm? He seems quite pleased with it, compared to others he has used. But why not let him tell you about it?

After having these mask on order for over a year they appear to be everything they promised. Good fit for the smaller faces great features that the AGA does not have. Our members are very pleased with them.

We are a dealer if you need prices. Buy local if you have the opportunity.

Keith

Our team just had training yesterday we took a couple of the guardians for a demo. Compared to the AGA there isn't all that much of a difference, however, the subtle changes go a long way, in my opinion. The double seal makes it a better fit for those with a smaller face, like mine, where the AGA's one size fits all doesn't seem to do the trick. Also the regulator assembly comes ready to go and there is no need to change around your connections before using them. All in all we really liked them and are putting in our order request to the chief today for two sets with wireless comms.

One team I am on uses the AGA and the other team I am on uses Kirby Morgan. I like the view of the AGA, even though most diving is in black water conditions. I like the Kirby's because it would take a hell of lot of force to rip them off of your face. I vote Kirby's. Helmets, if possible.

Here is a copy of the email I sent to a fellow collegue psd, hope it helps....

Hey ****...
Ok, I have dove the guardian... and the verdict is: I like it! the mask skirt is wider and softer, With an AGA I have some slight air leaks on one corner of my head... with the Guardian it was a nice secure fit with no air leaks. Also using the guardian and its super wide skirt I was actually able to pull the mask away from face a bit before the seal would break and air would leak and flood the mask, the aga would break the seal nearly immediately. Also the air space of the Oral/Nasal cavity seems smaller and thus the WOB (work of breath) is much easier, so it seems to breath easier... I thought the plastic buckles for the spider straps would be inadequate, however they were actually quite secure and are apparently designed to break before you rip the mask skirt so replacing a dollar buckle opposed to a 400 dollar aga skirt is probably money well spent. Overall I like the guardian better than the aga, It was softer in the skirt, had slightly better breathing characteristics, and has all the best features of the AGA (the Ambient breathing valve, nose block, and oral/nasal cavity) with improvement to some of the lesser qualities ( softer wider skirt to fit more faces and create a better seal, better breathability, and to administrators reduced initial cost and reduced annual rebuild costs) The only thing I havent tried is the comm system. But since it uses the OTS HotMic and ear pieces the same as the AGA I assume it works just as well. Any questions or want any pics of the mask just let me know...

Safe Diving

Buy local if you have the opportunity.

I support Keith's statement to buy locally if you can. If you need a bid price and can't buy locally, please know Dive Rescue International can offer government pricing on both the OTS Guardian and the Interspiro Mk II (a/k/a/ AGA Mask). Call Dive Rescue International at 800-248-3483 and be sure to ask for the "bid price," not the retail price.

One thing to consider as it relates to making the switch and I am not certain if you have given it consideration ...

If you already have OTS comm systems for your Interspiro mask, they will not work in the OTS Guardian mask. Because the two masks are similar in price the cost associated with replacing the comm units may drive up the cost of your purchase making the Interspiro the less expensive option.

Best of luck with your decision.

Blades Robinson, Director
Dive Rescue International
www.DiveRescueIntl.com

(800) 248-3483

Ive had the chance to play with the new Guardian and its great. Ill be using one on a week long shoot starting this next week. The fit of the new Guardian is much better (for me at least) than that of the Aga.

If you need any help setting up the systems or if you have any questions, let me know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom