Dive Team Logos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oneshotshooter

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have been working on our logo for awhile now. Finally have something post worthy....

Attachments

• icsd mag.jpg
    icsd mag.jpg
    307.3 KB · Views: 1,194
  • ICSD dive team patch bkgnd.jpg
    ICSD dive team patch bkgnd.jpg
    262.9 KB · Views: 1,580
Nice work. Patch and license plate material!

Nice work. Patch and license plate material!

Thanks! one final revision. Can't believe I missed the obvious

Attachments

• ICSD dive team patch rev 3.jpg
    ICSD dive team patch rev 3.jpg
    261.1 KB · Views: 3,378
i really like it, We had a logo that was kind of similar, however the Sheriff didnt like us wearing a skull to a body recovery, he thought it was un sensitive to the victims family... I didnt think so personaly, to me it was just a cool picture but what do the rest of you think?

i really like it, We had a logo that was kind of similar, however the Sheriff didnt like us wearing a skull to a body recovery, he thought it was un sensitive to the victims family... I didnt think so personaly, to me it was just a cool picture but what do the rest of you think?

I have to agree with the Sheriff about it being insensitive to a victim’s family. We don’t have a logo but some of the younger guys want one. I think we should just stay with the department patch and leave it at that. It just looks more professional.

Kuel patch. :wink:

Yeah, the sheriif has a point...

I once had a lift bag that was made from a paratroopers inflatable floatation device. Cutting it in half made two nice, circular lift bags that were like a nice yellow circles.

I made a bunch of lift bags out of them and one of them I made a Smiley Face by drawing on it with a laundry marker.

During one body recovery in moving water I attached a lift bag to the victim as we were having trouble swimming him to shore against a running tide. Unfortunately I happened to deploy the bag with the Smiley Face. It did not go over well and I still hear about it once in a while.

Have a nice day!

Nice patch; however I thought the same thing when I first looked at it. A skull can be seen as bad taste as far as a "non-military" dive team. Now RECON may have a use for it. Also don't see too many sharks up there in MN do ya?? Anyway I like the patch either way. Our logo is what I use for my avatar. Simple diver on our badge, not too flashy but it works for us.

You guys thought that was a skull? And a shark? :D it is a protection helmet and freshwater sturgeon! :rofl3:

the logo has approval from the sheriff.

My day job has me in the sign business. It is a patch, not our main logo. As you can see on the main logo the badge has the emphasis, and the patch is very small and subtle. We have minimal to no contact with the victim family. I personally like to remain as emotionally detached as possible. The patch logo will mainly be used in non-event situations, tee shirts etc.

We have over 200 hours of training and call outs this year. We strive to keep it fun. How many of you guys wear a PFD over your dry suit? :wink: :rocker:

You guys thought that was a skull? And a shark? :D it is a protection helmet and freshwater sturgeon! :rofl3:I just blew the image up and it doesn't look much like a helmet. Maybe make it yellow or orange

the logo has approval from the sheriff.But will it have approval from a victims family

My day job has me in the sign business. It is a patch, not our main logo. As you can see on the main logo the badge has the emphasis, and the patch is very small and subtle. We have minimal to no contact with the victim family. I personally like to remain as emotionally detached as possible. The patch logo will mainly be used in non-event situations, tee shirts etc.We sell our shirts as well but they are a simple dive flag and some writing describing who we are.

We have over 200 hours of training and call outs this year. We strive to keep it fun. How many of you guys wear a PFD over your dry suit? :wink: :rocker:
If we are on the water solid or liquid the suit is either totally on or off and EVERYONE wears a PFD. The only exceptions are if we are responding to a rescue and are suiting up in the boat.

If we are on the water solid or liquid the suit is either totally on or off and EVERYONE wears a PFD. The only exceptions are if we are responding to a rescue and are suiting up in the boat.

How much extra weight do you need to dive with your PFD? Do wear it over or under your BC? :D I noticed in your profile pic you are all suited up, within 10' of the water, and NO ONE is wearing thier PFD :confused:

If we were selling shirts side by side and for the same cause, who do you think would sell more shirts?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom