Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services.
  • Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events.
  • Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NEW for 2014 Access SBlogbook for members. It allows you to directly upload data from your dive computer, validate your logs digitally, link your dives to photos, videos, dive centers (9,000 on file), fishes (14,000 on file) and much more.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Dive Team Logos

Registered

dive,dive,dive

Dives
    500 - 999

Dive Team Logos

I have been working on our logo for awhile now. Finally have something post worthy....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Public Safety Diver

breathing trimix

Nice work. Patch and license plate material!
    Michael

For strange effects and extraordinary combinations we must go to life itself, which is always far more daring than any effort of the imagination. - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Registered

dive,dive,dive

Dives
    500 - 999
    Quote Originally Posted by mstueven View Post
    Nice work. Patch and license plate material!

Thanks! one final revision. Can't believe I missed the obvious
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Public Safety Diver

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    500 - 999
    i really like it, We had a logo that was kind of similar, however the Sheriff didnt like us wearing a skull to a body recovery, he thought it was un sensitive to the victims family... I didnt think so personaly, to me it was just a cool picture but what do the rest of you think?
    nimoh likes this.

Public Safety Diver

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    I'm a Fish!
    Photos
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert_Pirate View Post
    i really like it, We had a logo that was kind of similar, however the Sheriff didnt like us wearing a skull to a body recovery, he thought it was un sensitive to the victims family... I didnt think so personaly, to me it was just a cool picture but what do the rest of you think?
    I have to agree with the Sheriff about it being insensitive to a victim’s family. We don’t have a logo but some of the younger guys want one. I think we should just stay with the department patch and leave it at that. It just looks more professional.

Kuel patch.
    What ever you do in life do it well and do it safe.

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Yeah, the sheriif has a point...

I once had a lift bag that was made from a paratroopers inflatable floatation device. Cutting it in half made two nice, circular lift bags that were like a nice yellow circles.

I made a bunch of lift bags out of them and one of them I made a Smiley Face by drawing on it with a laundry marker.

During one body recovery in moving water I attached a lift bag to the victim as we were having trouble swimming him to shore against a running tide. Unfortunately I happened to deploy the bag with the Smiley Face. It did not go over well and I still hear about it once in a while.

Have a nice day!

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    I just don't log dives
    Photos
    Nice patch; however I thought the same thing when I first looked at it. A skull can be seen as bad taste as far as a "non-military" dive team. Now RECON may have a use for it. Also don't see too many sharks up there in MN do ya?? Anyway I like the patch either way. Our logo is what I use for my avatar. Simple diver on our badge, not too flashy but it works for us.

Registered

dive,dive,dive

Dives
    500 - 999
    You guys thought that was a skull? And a shark? it is a protection helmet and freshwater sturgeon!

the logo has approval from the sheriff.

My day job has me in the sign business. It is a patch, not our main logo. As you can see on the main logo the badge has the emphasis, and the patch is very small and subtle. We have minimal to no contact with the victim family. I personally like to remain as emotionally detached as possible. The patch logo will mainly be used in non-event situations, tee shirts etc.

We have over 200 hours of training and call outs this year. We strive to keep it fun. How many of you guys wear a PFD over your dry suit?

Public Safety Diver

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    I'm a Fish!
    Photos
    Quote Originally Posted by oneshotshooter View Post
    You guys thought that was a skull? And a shark? it is a protection helmet and freshwater sturgeon! I just blew the image up and it doesn't look much like a helmet. Maybe make it yellow or orange

the logo has approval from the sheriff.But will it have approval from a victims family

My day job has me in the sign business. It is a patch, not our main logo. As you can see on the main logo the badge has the emphasis, and the patch is very small and subtle. We have minimal to no contact with the victim family. I personally like to remain as emotionally detached as possible. The patch logo will mainly be used in non-event situations, tee shirts etc.We sell our shirts as well but they are a simple dive flag and some writing describing who we are.

We have over 200 hours of training and call outs this year. We strive to keep it fun. How many of you guys wear a PFD over your dry suit?
    If we are on the water solid or liquid the suit is either totally on or off and EVERYONE wears a PFD. The only exceptions are if we are responding to a rescue and are suiting up in the boat.
    What ever you do in life do it well and do it safe.

Registered

dive,dive,dive

Dives
    500 - 999
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary D. View Post
    If we are on the water solid or liquid the suit is either totally on or off and EVERYONE wears a PFD. The only exceptions are if we are responding to a rescue and are suiting up in the boat.
    How much extra weight do you need to dive with your PFD? Do wear it over or under your BC? I noticed in your profile pic you are all suited up, within 10' of the water, and NO ONE is wearing thier PFD

If we were selling shirts side by side and for the same cause, who do you think would sell more shirts?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast