Anyone Used the LGS Smart Weight System?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dittrimd

Force Fin Diver
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My team has been using the LGS harnesses for years and they work pretty well. I recently saw on youtube and their site that they have an add on piece that will add weight pouches to the harness. I have been looking to move weight from my BC to my body and was just wondering if anyone had used one of these I would appreciate some impressions and opinions. It wouls also be great if they could post some better pictures.

Thanks,

Mark D.

Attachments

• LGS SMART Weight Harness.png
    LGS SMART Weight Harness.png
    151.4 KB · Views: 681
Lifeguard systems website is www.teamlgs.com if you go to the equipment section it is listed in the store. Also if you go to YouTube and search teamlgs you will find the video that shows weight system.

Mark D.

So I ended up getting a the weight pouches for my birthday in 2011. I have been using this system for a year now and I have to say that all in all it is a good system. I did have to make a few modifications from how it was sent from the factory. It was nothign major but they supplied some intermediat connectors and quick relaese clips between the harness and the weight belt. I eliminated these clips and really like the system. It solved two issues I had. First it stays on my body and in position better than any weight belt I ever owned. It also got me away from my integrated weight BC. All the weight on my BC and none on my body made it difficult to don and doff my BCD. If anyone has any questions or comments feel free to pass them along.

Mark D.

Back
Top Bottom