Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services.
  • Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events.
  • Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NEW for 2014 Access SBlogbook for members. It allows you to directly upload data from your dive computer, validate your logs digitally, link your dives to photos, videos, dive centers (9,000 on file), fishes (14,000 on file) and much more.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.

Thread: Anyone Used the LGS Smart Weight System?

Force Fin Diver
    Go Red - Support SB!

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    200 - 499
    Photos

Anyone Used the LGS Smart Weight System?

My team has been using the LGS harnesses for years and they work pretty well. I recently saw on youtube and their site that they have an add on piece that will add weight pouches to the harness. I have been looking to move weight from my BC to my body and was just wondering if anyone had used one of these I would appreciate some impressions and opinions. It wouls also be great if they could post some better pictures.

Thanks,

Mark D.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Rescue Diver and Webmaster
    Tolland County Rescue Divers
    Firefighter/Paramedic/HAZMAT Technician
    Willington Volunteer Fire Department

Solo Diver

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    200 - 499
    Could you post the web site address ...thanks

Force Fin Diver
    Go Red - Support SB!

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    200 - 499
    Photos
    Lifeguard systems website is www.teamlgs.com if you go to the equipment section it is listed in the store. Also if you go to YouTube and search teamlgs you will find the video that shows weight system.

Mark D.

Force Fin Diver
    Go Red - Support SB!

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    200 - 499
    Photos
    So I ended up getting a the weight pouches for my birthday in 2011. I have been using this system for a year now and I have to say that all in all it is a good system. I did have to make a few modifications from how it was sent from the factory. It was nothign major but they supplied some intermediat connectors and quick relaese clips between the harness and the weight belt. I eliminated these clips and really like the system. It solved two issues I had. First it stays on my body and in position better than any weight belt I ever owned. It also got me away from my integrated weight BC. All the weight on my BC and none on my body made it difficult to don and doff my BCD. If anyone has any questions or comments feel free to pass them along.

Mark D.