Police Dive Team Trailer - Suggestions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Attrayant

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey brothers!

My department has just started a dive team and we are in the process of getting all of our equipment setup.

I've been tasked with researching a trailer for the team and would like some suggestions of type, size, brand, and accessories.

We're a four man team but will need room to expand. At a minimum, I believe we will need room for 8-15 tanks, a generator, bins/lockers, hanging hooks, floor draining, a bench for changing, interior/exterior lights, and a AC/Heat unit. I'm looking to spend no more then $20,000, all marked up and ready to go.

Also, it must be able to be pulled by a F-250.

So what do you all have? What's your thoughts?

Will have to send you pics of ours. But you need a trailer at least 7 x 14 and tandem axle, given what you put in the specs. Floor draining will fix itself if you rhino line the floor, and jack up the trailer just enough to give you slope, water will flow out the back. I like the trailers with the rear loading ramp door on scene, but when the trailer is in the building I have no room to lower that door and have to pull the trailer out. mount the Generator on the front tongue, that way you have no problems with exhaust fumes. If you look under my name and see some pics I posted of aluminum benches we built. The great thing about them is they are easy to removed should you need to rearrange the trailer.

cheap budget... have a look at 2 horse floats, many have a door to a tack room in the front which can be walled off from the horse area in the back, insulated so you don't freeze stripping down to change on snowy days, to form a changing room, while the rear becomes the gear storage area. Should be easy to convert and cheaper than a caravan type setup.

2009-04-23_222627_Picture_135_640x480.jpg

2009-04-23_223215_Picture_136_640x480.jpg

Back
Top Bottom