Swimming pool recovery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Mighty Thor

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just out of curiosity, how many people have made a recovery from a pool, or been a part of a search, where a person was later found to have been in the pool the whole time.

I know there was a case in NH where the person was in the pool for days and recently there was a similar case in CT.

in 2010 we didn't have any calls in natural bodies of water. But had 11 fatal recoveries that same year in pools. most of them started of as land searches for missing children with us diving green and brown storm rain water filled pools of foreclosed homes sadly finding them in the sludge

Had a couple over the years but the most memorable one was a murder we located 3 days later in a hot tub. Yup, just what your thinking, 3 days at 103df. Almost impossible to remove. That was a patrol thing and we didn't need the team. :wink:

We have had one pool recovery. A homeless guy hadbroken into a snowbirds home (snowbird: resident who lives up north in summer, here in winter). He was in the pool for 8 days in August. It was one of my
most memorable recoveries. I could smell it as soon as I turned into the neighborhood. I still dont know how the neighbors didnt know earlier.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom