Nightmares?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fire1035

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
New to these forums, just curious if anybody has ever experienced nightmares after diving for a few days straight.

I experienced a couple last year during DR1 class, but I attributed that to being tired. It occurred again last night after diving 2 days straight this week. Nothing major, thought it was probably because it was almost time to get up any visit nature's cause this morning anyway.

Like I said, just curious if anybody else has experienced anything like this.

Actually that is rather interesting. I know several people who SCUBA dive to get rid of the nighmares. In those cases the dreams come from PTSD.

Nothing last night, so I'm assuming it was merely a coincidence. None of the dreams have been scuba related. I'm extremely comfortable in the water, and have never had any anxiety or issues while down.

Like I said, just curious if anybody else might have experienced anything like that.

New to these forums, just curious if anybody has ever experienced nightmares after diving for a few days straight.

I experienced a couple last year during DR1 class, but I attributed that to being tired. It occurred again last night after diving 2 days straight this week. Nothing major, thought it was probably because it was almost time to get up any visit nature's cause this morning anyway.

Like I said, just curious if anybody else has experienced anything like this.

You maybe sleeping more after you SCUBA dive and the more you sleep, the more you dream.

You maybe in a deep REM sleep longer from diving which you'll dream more.

Also, from the stress or fear of failing you could dream more also. So if you are being evaulated on your dives, this could also trigger dreaming.

I have suffered from nightmares my past few dive trips. Diving nitrox with four or five dives a day.

No nightmares after diving, but vivid “stress” dreams, many of which go back many years to college, work situations in the past, etc. Strangely I don’t find these disturbing, rather ride through the experience as both observer and participant. When not diving I’ll vaguely recall dreams. After subsequent dives I’ll not only remember dreams when I wake, but often go back to the scenario when I fall back asleep. Seems pretty therapeutic. Never experienced anything quite like it.

I just googled this because I was having nightmares regularly and was also diving regularly. I had to stop diving for a few months due to injury and I realized the nightmares stopped at around the same time. Very weird because I am very comfortable under the water and have a lot of experience.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom