Volunteer Dive Team

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divezonescuba

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello:

Our local Public Safety Department does not have a dive team. So, we are looking into forming a volunteer dive team along the lines of a volunteer fire department. Our shop will be sponsoring the team.

We have the Hendricks book and the PADI material. Is anyone with a similar program willing to share their SOPs and other insight that we could use as guidelines.

Thanks.

you need a solid program behind you. The leader in the field is ERDI. Worth looking into.

I am a PADI, SDI and ERDI instructor as well as a shop owner and team captain of our local volunteer PSD unit and I could not agree more. I'll be glad to share our SOGs (PM sent) Also look at PSDiver.com for some good info on SOGs.

In Kenosha Wisconsin we have simialiar situation. We affiliatted with a already operating volunteer ambulance service to provide a dive team. How ever you proceed, make sure you go through the legal process to become a legal agency with protection for law suits, emergency response and other rules.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom