Attempted suicide at dive practice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jared0425

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We were out on the St. Clair river doing our monthly dive practice when we saw a subject enter the water. The air temperature was 55 with the water around 56, so no one was out swimming (it snowed the night before). We noticed the subject enter the water near a restricted coast guard dock, then hang on to a piling and let go. Our boats immediately drove to the area and one of the divers jumped in and saved the woman who already showed signs of hypothermia. She was cooperative but was incoherent. When she was asked why she did this, she replied "my life sucks". She was then taken to shore with a waiting EMS and taken to the hospital. It was a interesting practice turn into a real life scenario.
Jared

God bless the both of you, Jared.

Great job, I love reading positive outcomes like this. I hope that she can get the help that she needs.

Thank you all for the kind comments. I was updated on the situation today. She appears to be in good recovery and that she is at a health facility seeking treatment. Our survival rate is 5% when it comes to recovery but this lady is part of it.
Jared

Back
Top Bottom