Dive gear VS Dirtbag. Dive gear wins.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary D.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Last night we respond to a house where a guy was stabbed. No big deal, he just failed to pay his dealer so the dealer decided to hack him up a little with a machete. He didn’t do a very good job. This is normally called "PVPNHI".

Now things just go downhill for him because he has a Rape warrant. He is strung out on Meth and drunk to boot so the fight was on. He was nice and forewarned me that he is a Martial Arts Black Belt and he was going to kick my fat old a$$ before the fight. I just smiled, said Thanks Dude as I yelled STREET FIGHT and slammed him to the kitchen floor where he was introduced to my display jewelry.

He refused medical at the scene so off to the hospital where he gives everyone a bunch of poop. So after the ER Doc had enough back into the car and off to the jail.

I make it out of the hospital lot and to the traffic light when he tries to kick out a back window. I had 3 other units’ close when I called for back up. I ran around the car, opened the right rear door and when he kicked at me I hear a “thunk” sound.

I reach in and pull him out onto the street but now he is very cooperative with sorry sir, yes sir, please don’t do that again sir. I’m thinking what the ????

I ask him, Why the change of heart? He looked at me and said he never had anyone hit him that hard from as far away as I was. Now he thinks the fat old man the toughest Mother on this earth.

We put him in another car to finish the transport to the jail where he was just the politest person you could ever meet.

What happened was when the idiot spun around to kick me he slammed his head into my tank as hard as he could and just about knocked himself out.

God I love stupid crooks.

Gary D.

Gary D.:
God I love stupid crooks.

Gary D.

OK! So how may SMART ones have you ever run into in your career? There seems to be a definite link between IQ and crime. Inverse proportional link!!!

LOL

Tell me you don't leave the rest of your gear in the perp's reach... like your dive knife?

good deal wish more cops would knock the heck out of some of the HUM butt's , had one of our regular crack heads pulled a pocket knife on me after local wanna be cops had searched him . needless to say my metal clip board smacked him in head few stitches at hospital, he's in jail for the million time.

Here are the replys in order.

teknitroxdiver: Yes, we are all in the Oerations Division which is Patrol, Detectives, Marine and Civil. Corrections can't be on the team. We have roughly 120K people spread out over 1400 sq miles and there is normally 3 to 4 of us on. Our patrol force goes between 30 and 36 out of around 180 in the department.

We are authorized 10, in-house, to be on the team. We have trouble keeping some people due to the demands of calls and training. Right now we have 8 in-house and one from City PD.. Looks like we might be getting another one from the city.

We have issue cars we keep 24-7 and the city doesn't. Having a vehicle 24-7 is one of the team requirments to be on the rescue side. City is working on recycling it's mainstream cars out and giving the Tahoe's to any, Patrolmen, divers that make the team. Our cars last 6 to 8 years on average. City cars last 3-4 years tops. It would be a plus to the city to get several more years out of a rig.

Boater Dan: None, but it is fun trying to find one:D
I used to hand out NASA cards to the real stupid ones to apply for tech positions. Some of those idiots actually called the number I gave them.

Seabear70: Everything is stored in a way they can't get to it. They could actually get to my Mini or Gauge easier. It's as safe as can be and still be ready. The design of my knife is not much of a threat even if they did get it. which they won't.

medic13: You guys have to put up with crap I would never put up with and you are face to face being nice to them. At least I can keep my safety zone. They should allow you guys to use 1.5" conduit for IV's with these A-holes. He is one lucky soul seeing how that's all he got.

We always joke with our fire/med guys up here. They are fire/med because they don't like bullets but don't mind fire. I'm a cop because I don't mind bullets but can't stand fire. Makes for a good working relationship.

Gary D.

HA, Medic13, my brother is a paramedic and he says the same thing....metal clipboard is his best friend. An unconcious victim is a cooperative victim.

norcaldiver:
HA, Medic13, my brother is a paramedic and he says the same thing....metal clipboard is his best friend. An unconcious victim is a cooperative victim.
And it reloads real fast:D

Gary D.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom