Love those Full Moons

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary D.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
This was one of those interesting full moon shifts.

About 2 hours into the shift we get a call of a human skeleton in Lake Pend Oreille at the north end of the county.

While driving up there I call the RP to get some details we don’t need aired. She tells me there is no doubt about it being human as she was Biology major in college. But the part that makes me doubt her is she’s saying the water appears to be around 75’ deep. That area has a max depth of 30 to 35’.

I roll up there to scope things out and meet the RP. She may have been Biology major but in her day all the animals were cold blooded and their names ended with Rex.

She leads me to the area, step, step, move the walker. Step, step, move the walker. As we go onto the dock I get nervous thinking she is going in. Just a few feet out onto the dock we stop and she points out the human remains.

Wow, might be, could be, just maybe, but it had wings and a beak on it’s face so I had some doubt about it being human. So with my short sleeve shirt on and not getting my sleeve wet, I reach into the water and retrieve the expired old Gull and dispose of him.

Hummmmm, that 75’ deep water was only a couple of feet deep at most.

I get back to the office and have a meeting with the brass about some future dives near the crime scene. After the meeting I go back onto the streets and as I’m getting on the freeway I blow both right side tires at the same time. Rear then front but almost at the same time. So, back to the office on the roll bed.

As I’m typing this we are on stand-by for a suicidal male somewhere around Hayden Lake who is planning on driving into the water.

What a flipping night. Make that all week so far. But at least we haven’t had a drowning, yet. Notice I said yet.

Gary D.

Did you do a DNA test on it? Some people have *really* big noses. Coulda been a person, you know. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom