NASE Open Water Certification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbarn02

Reaction score
# of dives
Hey guys,

Can some of you tell me about NASE. I have heard of PADI but can someone explain NASE to me? Also is a Casio G-Shock a good watch for a beginner diver? The difference between NASE and PADI Open Water certification?

Hey guys,

Can some of you tell me about NASE. I have heard of PADI but can someone explain NASE to me? Also is a Casio G-Shock a good watch for a beginner diver? The difference between NASE and PADI Open Water certification?

I has honestly never heard of them until I read your posting.
THe web site URL is posted below but I suspect you might already have been there.

WASI | NASE Worldwide - Recreational Diver

The most common agencies I have seen are listed below in no particular order.

NAUI
PADI
SSI
YMCA
BSAC
SDI

Hey guys,

Sorry, never heard of NASE, however that doesn't mean much.

The real problem would be if the dive destinations you plan on going to haven't heard of it either.

Terry

LOL!!
I never heard of NASE as a diving agency. However the word "nase" is a local dialect around here and translates "nose" :p

I've been a NASE instructor for over 10 years....I've very satisfied with them....they are small and I can talk with management whenever I have a need to. Program is similar to any other agency. One nice thing...it's not as structured as PADI...I can move skills and class material around to fit individual needs.

Just sent an e-mail with my phone #...I'll be in and out this evening...so leave a message and I'll get back with you

NASE is fairly popular with some resort instructors here on Maui. The reason for this is the fact that NASE is not a member of RSTC. They follow the old ANSI recommendations, AFAIK. The only reason for these Maui resort instructors being certified as NASE instructors is because NASE has never stated that instructors can not bring cameras on OW training dives and Intro dives. From what I have gathered, they (NASE) have also never said they condone instructors taking pictures of non-certified divers. All the NASE instructors I personally know are also current PADI instructors. I have never actually witnessed any of them certifying a NASE OW diver, even though the training dives were conducted to NASE Standards (ie. instructor taking photo's with no Assistant); all the certs I have witnessed were PADI. :shakehead:

NASE Worldwide - Press Release 09/22/2010

The National Academy of Scuba Educators Worldwide (NASE) has been purchased by the CDA Training Group and will be positioned as a new alternative in diver education.

The CDA Training Group identified an opportunity to create an organization that could raise the bar for diver education, provide business solutions for its members and incorporate fun into training divers. The CDA Training Group is the largest school in the U.S. for training commercial and professional divers and is based out of Jacksonville, Florida.
NASE Worldwide is long-renowned for a common sense approach to diver education is going through an extensive re-branding and is repositioning itself. “We are looking outside the box to grow the amount of divers who train through NASE and its affiliates, not to take from other organizations,” says Allen Garber, Vice-President of Marketing.

In the coming months, NASE Worldwide will be rolling out its programs and launching products aimed growing the numbers of certified divers and those considering scuba.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom