scuba certification upgrade from Jr. to regular

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
hey i scuba certification in 06-mar-2013 with PADI and the card on the back is the Jr. card, and i am pretty sure when i tern 15 i would get a new updated one with out the Jr. i am now 16 and i was wondering what i have to do to get the updated one.

i think all you have to do is file new paperwork....my nephew is in the same age group and that is what he did....

You don't actually need to do anything to upgrade from Junior OW to the regular cert., it's the same course, the junior status just means that supervision by an adult or dive pro is mandatory if you visit a dive centre. Your date of birth is on the c-card so all you need to do is show that to the dive centre and they would recognise the change if required.

If you want to get a card which doesn't have the Junior status on it then you need to apply for a new card which costs around $35 - can't remember off the top of my head - and you can do that on the Padi website. Most junior divers I encountered just waited until they got their next certification after turning 15 and used that card instead.

Hope that helps,

C.

If you intend on getting any other certifications - you do not need it. My son just got his AOW and sent in his paper work - so now he has his Jr OW and AOW card. Save your money unless you really really want a card that does not say Jr anymore... :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom