how to renew expired divemaster certification ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
hello my friends i wanna renew my divemaster certification because it's not renewed since 2008 so please i want to know what should i do
thanks.

If it's PADI just contact them & they'll tell you what to do. I don't think it's anything more than starting up paying membership dues (& insurance of course if working). You may have to qualify by doing something on their website, but I THINK that's just for instructors.

When I let my PADI divemaster memberhip lapse, I asked PADI what would be required if I ever decided to renew it, and got the following response. My guess is that for a 7 year membership lapse, you will probably have to pay for some retraining.

Response from PADI:
If you had a one - three year membership lapse it is pretty easy to regain status. You would need to do the following:

1. Renew your membership.
2. Provide us with a copy of your proof of professional liability insurance.
3. Complete an Online Member Forum. This is an online presentation that runs about 1.5 – 2 hours long and is no charge.

If you lapse longer than three years, you would need to discuss with training the protocol / retraining that you would need in order to regain your status.

Write to PADI and ask. They will explain the specifics to your situation.

Back
Top Bottom