PADI nitrox Book

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Swoll

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I want to get my Enriched air cert thru PADI what book does PADI use. I want to buy it online to save some money. And were can i find it

Thanks

Im not 100% what the deal is in the US but here the price course is fixed and includes the manual/tables etc i.e you cannot just buy "it" in pieces, but if you type in "Padi Enriched Air Diving" you should be able to find one online, although the book is not very big so cant imagine youre gonna save a lot if anything, good luck. Alternatively just go and check out the Padi website and Padi online.

I'm not sure with online purchase, but if the book is bundled with the 32/36 tables they may have been pulled. There was a misprint in one of the nitrox NDL tables where one of the boxes was not populated with data. I just took this course through my LDS and I got the book before the class with EAD table. The correctly printed 32/26 tables were handed out by the instructor at the class.

You can get the pack from many places. You will get the book, three tables and a DVD. Try LeisurePro, ScubaToys or any of the other popular online stores you see mentioned here.

Most Instructors include it in one course price, my course was $135, which included the book, c-card test etc.

If I wanted to I could of bought the book pack for $60, with dive tables, but I still would of had to pay the rest of the course fee. Note: PADI charges $30 for a C-Card.

There are also two set of books. One Imperial (for USA and the engish system) and the other metric for the other system.

Does the Nitrox certification require a dive with Nitrox to get the certification? From what I read you can 1. Get the crew pack online, study it and then 2. Sit for the exam. If I pass the exam what happens then - does the tester send off the results to PADI? do I need photos for the c-card? I get some conflicting stories as one website said I need to show I can test a tanks oxygen contents ?

Any advice welcome, cheers

You must analyze 2 tanks for O2 content and plan 2 dives using the mix. There is some classroom work to do, then the written. The Instructor would then submit a PIC to PADI and some require a photo, others can send a digital.

Back
Top Bottom