Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services.
  • Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events.
  • Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NEW for 2014 Access SBlogbook for members. It allows you to directly upload data from your dive computer, validate your logs digitally, link your dives to photos, videos, dive centers (9,000 on file), fishes (14,000 on file) and much more.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: NASE Open Water Certification

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    None - Not Certified

Question NASE Open Water Certification

Hey guys,

Can some of you tell me about NASE. I have heard of PADI but can someone explain NASE to me? Also is a Casio G-Shock a good watch for a beginner diver? The difference between NASE and PADI Open Water certification?

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    100 - 199
    Photos
    Quote Originally Posted by jbarn02 View Post
    Hey guys,

Can some of you tell me about NASE. I have heard of PADI but can someone explain NASE to me? Also is a Casio G-Shock a good watch for a beginner diver? The difference between NASE and PADI Open Water certification?
    I has honestly never heard of them until I read your posting.
    THe web site URL is posted below but I suspect you might already have been there.

WASI | NASE Worldwide - Recreational Diver

The most common agencies I have seen are listed below in no particular order.

NAUI
    PADI
    SSI
    YMCA
    BSAC
    SDI

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    None - Not Certified
    Anyone else have any advice?

Omniheurist

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    I just don't log dives
    Photos
    Quote Originally Posted by jbarn02 View Post
    Hey guys,

Sorry, never heard of NASE, however that doesn't mean much.

The real problem would be if the dive destinations you plan on going to haven't heard of it either.

Terry

Defender!

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    I just don't log dives
    Photos
    LOL!!
    I never heard of NASE as a diving agency. However the word "nase" is a local dialect around here and translates "nose" :p
    If your face aint numb.. It aint a cold water dive!
    I wonder if periodic short term exposure to risk can decrease your longterm risk of accidents. I hope it does..

The best video ever for a diver to watch - The divers ear http://faculty.washington.edu/ekay/
    a lesson learned - Blown o-ring AT DEPTH!: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/nea...g-depth-o.html
    My website http://www.evenalie.com and Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/89057162@N03/collections/

Registered

has no status.

Dives
    I'm a Fish!
    Photos
    I've been a NASE instructor for over 10 years....I've very satisfied with them....they are small and I can talk with management whenever I have a need to. Program is similar to any other agency. One nice thing...it's not as structured as PADI...I can move skills and class material around to fit individual needs.
    Joe (Cudachaser)

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    None - Not Certified
    cudachaser, Can you PM me please. I need some more info about them. NASE. The website is not much help.

Registered

has no status.

Dives
    I'm a Fish!
    Photos
    Just sent an e-mail with my phone #...I'll be in and out this evening...so leave a message and I'll get back with you
    Joe (Cudachaser)

Solo Diver

Not tilting Maui's windmills!

Dives
    I'm a Fish!
    Photos
    NASE is fairly popular with some resort instructors here on Maui. The reason for this is the fact that NASE is not a member of RSTC. They follow the old ANSI recommendations, AFAIK. The only reason for these Maui resort instructors being certified as NASE instructors is because NASE has never stated that instructors can not bring cameras on OW training dives and Intro dives. From what I have gathered, they (NASE) have also never said they condone instructors taking pictures of non-certified divers. All the NASE instructors I personally know are also current PADI instructors. I have never actually witnessed any of them certifying a NASE OW diver, even though the training dives were conducted to NASE Standards (ie. instructor taking photo's with no Assistant); all the certs I have witnessed were PADI.

Olympus EPL-3 / 10Bar / INON AD's / Ike DS160, QR Arm & EV / Nikonus SB-101 Tray (mod)

Dive Industry Professional

Fundamentally changing the way
    the world learns to dive!

Dives
    I'm a Fish!
    NASE Worldwide - Press Release 09/22/2010

The National Academy of Scuba Educators Worldwide (NASE) has been purchased by the CDA Training Group and will be positioned as a new alternative in diver education.

The CDA Training Group identified an opportunity to create an organization that could raise the bar for diver education, provide business solutions for its members and incorporate fun into training divers. The CDA Training Group is the largest school in the U.S. for training commercial and professional divers and is based out of Jacksonville, Florida.
    NASE Worldwide is long-renowned for a common sense approach to diver education is going through an extensive re-branding and is repositioning itself. “We are looking outside the box to grow the amount of divers who train through NASE and its affiliates, not to take from other organizations,” says Allen Garber, Vice-President of Marketing.

In the coming months, NASE Worldwide will be rolling out its programs and launching products aimed growing the numbers of certified divers and those considering scuba.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast