Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services.
  • Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events.
  • Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NEW for 2014 Access SBlogbook for members. It allows you to directly upload data from your dive computer, validate your logs digitally, link your dives to photos, videos, dive centers (9,000 on file), fishes (14,000 on file) and much more.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Scott

Thread: Verify PADI certification online

Registered

Upside down crawling on the
    roof

Dives
    200 - 499

Verify PADI certification online

Just as the title reads, is it possible check for certifications online with padi given name, dob etc....

Daru

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    2,500 - 4,999
    yes, you have to be logged in as a pro member to be able to do it, though

Scuba Instructor

Acknowledges your status.

Dives
    2,500 - 4,999
    Photos
    Do you just want to see or do you need a print out?
    One way you can verify is by using the replacement card link
    http://www.padi.com/scuba/applicatio...L/default.aspx
    After filling out your name and DOB it will show your certs. Maybe take a screen shot.
    From there you could go on to order a replacement card.
    If you just want a list that you could print out, you may want to see if an Instructor friend or your LDS can print them from the Pro section. I'm not sure how the general public could anymore since the PADI MyProfile page is no longer accessible and the replacement ScubaEarth has been taken over by aliens and will not be available until late 2012.
    knotical likes this.
    Join us for 7 nights at CoCo View Resort, Roatan, April 25, 2015
    utahscubadiver.com
    Utah's resource for local diving
    Everyone loves to fly, and flying underwater is even better than flying in air because there are things around you. ~ Graham Hawkes

Tech Instructor
    Go Red - Support SB!

PADI/SSI/BSAC/ANDI/TecRec
    Tec/Advanced Sidemount,Trimix,
    Technical Wreck Instructor

Dives
    5,000 - ∞
    Photos
    Blog Entries
    Yes, there is an online database of certifications. However, it can only be accessed by PADI Members (Pros) or PADI (IRRA member) dive centers/resorts.

The respective user will need your full name and date-of-birth to retrieve your records. The search function isn't flexible, so the names/dates have to match exactly what is printed on your PADI card (i.e. including middle initials etc).

perpetual scuba student

former instructor

Dives
    1,000 - 2,499
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    After filling out your name and DOB it will show your certs. ....
    I did not know this. Thank you!
    < I just checked it and confirmed that it works. >

And for completeness, if it's a basic "professional" credential you want to check (i.e. Divemaster or above), you can do it at: http://www.padi.com/scuba/prochek/ You just need the PADI pro's member number.
    What's that scuba acronym?
    List of scuba agencies.
    Did you know nitrox and altitude can cancel?

To err is inevitable.
    “Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do.” ― Dale Carnegie

Wow.....what a DB

DERP

Dives
    200 - 499
    Photos
    After filling out your name and DOB it will show your certs. Maybe take a screen shot.
    If you just want a list that you could print out, you may want to see if an Instructor friend or your LDS can print them from the Pro section. I'm not sure how the general public could anymore since the PADI MyProfile page is no longer accessible and the replacement ScubaEarth has been taken over by aliens and will not be available until late 2012.
    Funny. I certified OW with PADI in the Caribbean and have received numerous "Project Aware" cards (because I like the magazine ) yet when I searched there, I do not exist. Good thing I have my NAUI certifications for everything that followed OW
    "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

- Pictures from a photographic non-achiever
    Favorite Albums = THAILAND 2009 .... LAKE TAHOE, CA ...

HITLER IS NOT AOW - Download your copy here available from my website Diving My Way

My Anatidaephobia group meets Tuesdays down by the park pond.
    My posts = "Now you see them....now you don't". It is difficult to do a good job while operating in an uneven environment.

statusless

Dives
    200 - 499
    just tried this link, and shows my certifications from OW through Master Scuba Diver, but does not show my Divemaster status. Not saying it should, but if anyone uses this to verify the status of a PADI Pro, it won't work.
    Rob.
    "Rarely is closer to always than it is to never. Always plan for the rare things." - me

Scuba Instructor

has not let gear
    get dryformore than 3 daysnow

Dives
    200 - 499
    Photos
    Once you hit the Pro level..DM and above, Your current pro level and status will be found using procheck. Your certs prior to DM will be found with name and birthdate on the regular diver search.

Registered

Upside down crawling on the
    roof

Dives
    200 - 499
    Thanks everyone I just needed to verify my recent certification was processed. Using the replacement card trick worked just fine