changing from NAUI to Adv.PADI?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hey there.

I have a NAUI open water certificate and I want to get the Advanced PADI certificate , can I do that or do I have to get the PADI open water certificate first then get the PADI advanced certificate?

PADI will recognize the NAUI OW cert. Just as NAUI will recognize the PADI AOW Cert.

No problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can move between certification issuing authorities seamlessly. All of the standards in every instructor manual I've ever seen will say (for example) that for a (PADI) Advanced Open Water Student to be a candidate, they must first be a certified (PADI) Open Water Diver, or equivalent.

You should be fine.

as others have written - you can switch between agencies anytime you want. I am curious though, why do you want to change at this time? Did you not like your NAUI instructor enough to continue at least through Advanced with him?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom