Not necessarily a scuba agency but they do provide a cert. PSI-PCI ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jim Lapenta

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Who is they? Just saw this in an email from DiveNewsWire. Curious as to who they are and why PSI-PCI is willing to make such a statement yet not ID "they"?

DiveNewswire

It is a "safety alert" issued by PSI-PCI

I know about the TDI course. Want to find an instructor close to take it to be official. the one shop I have partnered with is fine with a TDI cert over PSI-PCI if that's what I want to do.
Was made aware of this but they seem to West Coast
http://www.cylindertrainingservices.com/default.asp

I also thought that NAUI had one. Could be mistaken on that.

NAUI has an O2 cleaning course and I think they used to have a cylinder inspection course, but no current one that I'm aware of. Mark and Sherry are great people and while I think $300+ then $200 every 3 years for recert is a bit much, it definitely keeps the wacko's out of inspection.

I teach the TDI course. It has been a good course. Recently TDI got together with CTS (www.cylindertrainingservices.com) to revamp the VIP course.

I became familiar with CTS not too long ago when I was looking for a wholesale supplier of VIP tools and supplies. I am now a dealer for their product line and have been happy with their products and service. I am looking forward to taking the instructor update that includes the new TDI/CTS materials at DEMA.

NAUI does not have a cylinder inspection course and never did to the best of my knowledge. They do however strongly support PSI

From the article, a key seems to be whether the other party is using PSI-PCI copyrighted material without authorization. It sure would be nice if Bill would name names, but might have been advised against that by attorneys.

It’s almost certainly not NAUI since NAUI is co-sponsoring some training at DEMA with PSI-PCI: PSI-PCI - Regional Training

And SDI/TDI has been doing it for so long, I would be surprised if they were so foolish as to cross that line.

Waiting for the other shoe to drop.

From the article, a key seems to be whether the other party is using PSI-PCI copyrighted material without authorization. It sure would be nice if Bill would name names, but might have been advised against that by attorneys.

It’s almost certainly not NAUI since NAUI is co-sponsoring some training at DEMA with PSI-PCI: PSI-PCI - Regional Training

And SDI/TDI has been doing it for so long, I would be surprised if they were so foolish as to cross that line.

Waiting for the other shoe to drop.

I don't believe there is anything wrong with "using" copyrighted materials. The problem is when you "copy" it. Then again, if it works in the negative advertisement....

I think if you use it for profit ...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom