CEDIP 1*Instructor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kassj0peja

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,

I found a quite interesting possibility to become a dive instructor. But it is an association that I dont know and on their website there is almost no information.

Is CEDIP similar to CMAS? Are crossovers to SSI or PADI possible? What is the general opinion of CEDIP?

Thanks.

Hi,

I found a quite interesting possibility to become a dive instructor. But it is an association that I don’t know and on their website there is almost no information.

Is CEDIP similar to CMAS? Are crossovers to SSI or PADI possible? What is the general opinion of CEDIP?

Thanks.
Well, CEDIP is somewhat similar to CMAS in that they are a sort of affiliation of several agencies from different countries. While CMAS has approximately 65 affiliated agencies, CEDIP has 10 or 12. Which CEDIP agency is the opportunity with?
As far as I know, CEDIP certifications are generally recognized, although they are not nearly as widely known. Choosing an agency for instructor training should depend on what you intend to do with it afterwards (location, market, etc.) Since you mention crossover, that might be your starting point. Ask SSI and PADI about the crossovers, and then decide whether the total investment, first with CEDIP and then with another agency, is appropriate to your needs.

CEDIP is a European diving instructor association. I believe they follow CMAS standards. Cards have one side with the CEDIP rating and the other states the CMAS equivalence.
Which agency(ies)? As far as I know, the only CEDIP agency that is also affiliated with CMAS is VVW (in Belgium). Some of the other CEDIP agencies show CMAS equivalencies on their websites, but that's not the same as following their standards.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom