The NEW RAID

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paultoomer

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
It is with great excitement that I write this post.

It's been about a month since I joined Barry Coleman as a co-owner of RAID.

RAID as most people know is a dynamic online learning and quality assurance system. This system allows divers and dive centres to remove the need for physical books and allows the use of laptops, tablets and smartphones for learning. RAID has quite simply the smallest carbon finprint of any agency.

Our divers, dive centres, instructors and trainers ALWAYS have the latest materials, they never need to stock materials, there is never dead stock and as an agency we can make changes to our materials and standards in seconds. And let's face it, that's very important in an industry that is moving as fast as the SCUBA industry.

So what are we going to change?

RAID was initially set up as a rebreather agency, specifically for the Poseidon MKVI but since then many things have happened and a full range of Open Circuit recreational (learn to dive) programs have been added in addition to full range of CCR and Open Circuit Tech.

We will no longer be the "Rebreather Association International Divers", as far as we are concerned all these acronyms are just alphabet soup.
We are now just RAID.

We will now upgrade the website, making it more user friendly and a lot more 2014 looking rather than 1980 (ha ha). We will develop RAID into a full mobile training platform as well. Along with that are standards changes, new programs, new rebreathers, cave and wreck.... and much, much more. This is an extremely exciting project, that's for sure.

I hope you all enjoy the ride. And remember....be unafRAID

Paul V Toomer - Director of Diver Training​

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom