Hmm - new rebreathers every time I check!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bruehlt:
The first is a German made kit - looks nice!
http://www.submatix.com
The Submatix has been around for a couple of years now, although CE
for the single mix SCR is fairly new. Haven't seen one yet, but it looks
pretty decent. Know a chap in England who's happy with it.
I like the streamline box and the color options. :wink:

I have mixed feelings about one breathing bags being inside the other.
If there's a leak/hole, CO2 could bypass the scrubber.

The real news here is that Submatix has a booth at DEMA this year. :D

The second is a rebreather from Dive Rite! :11:
http://www.diveriteexpress.com/rebreathers/optima.shtml
The Optima was the big news at last year's DEMA where it was introduced. A Hammerhead equiped CCR for about $5,500 caused a huge buzz ... until people found out it uses the inept Micropore cartridge (inept because the HH does calculates He mixes, but the cartridges were tested at 1 ata and are limited to 6 bar/50 msw).

Since then the base price has gone up to $6,900 with ADV, trimix deco and O2 cells being options pushing the rig past $7,500 ... and deliveries have been delayed twice so far.

caveseeker7:
The Optima was the big news at last year's DEMA where it was introduced.

A tall, skinny German friend of mine calls that the "Oh-toop-tima", because of the way the company writes the name: "O2ptima"! He has even written a song about it to the tune of "Oh Tannebaum"! :11: :D

He said: "I can see the waiting buyers sitting
in front of their christmas trees singing ...

Oh Tooptima, Oh Tooptima
When will you be here with me.
Maybe before the end of year
My happiness would be so sheer.
Oh Tooptima, Oh Tooptima
When will you be here with me.

Oh Tooptima, Oh Tooptima
How deep will you be diving?
Just to six bar per Micropore
Or really deep like all the lore?
Oh Tooptima, Oh Tooptima
How deep will you be diving?"

(Editor's Note: Author Anonymous--at least at this point!) :luxhello: :luxhello: :luxhello:

Rather good isn't it!!!!! :D

Oh Tooptima, Oh Tooptima
How much bling will you cost us?
Oh Tooptima, Oh Tooptima
I doubt we will ever see ya
You look like a busted arse VWya
Oh Tooptima, Oh Tooptima
DiveRite have made a monkey bar
Oh Tooptima, Oh Tooptima
I doubt I will ever dive ya
Cause I have a PRISM that ****s all over ya.
Oh Tooptima, Oh Tooptima

Sorry I just could not help it, this is one crazy looking machine
Cheers
Chris

Thanks for the info guys, I've been out of this scene for a while now. I'm glad DEMA will finally be in Orlando coming up, so that I will actually be ABLE to go!!

The submatix is pretty cool looking, would love to see it. I wouldn't mind seeing one of those outboros units too (I don't know how to spell it).

Wow...that Oh-toop-tima looks pretty slick. Too bad it's not available now...guess I have to buy the KISS Sport! Bummer! LMAO!!!

1) The submatrix does what the mfg. says it does and it is a streamlind recreational scr unit. It is NOT intended for long deep exposure, but it does look nice though.

2) The Ouroborus is a very cool unit that incorporates many fetures of other "expadition" level units and seems to have come together very well. They are expensive though. The exchange rate is so bad.

3) The dive rite sounded great, (I was way to close to buying one)so do Micropore cartriges (in theory), but then I don't know. It sort of like the girl you think is so hot when you are out drinking, but by mornig she has lost her luster......

Cheers

Damn dude! Sleazy Dive-Rite biotch...I've met her before...
:)

Back
Top Bottom