New IANTD Tek Closed Circuit Rebreather book

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

webediving

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I just got the new IANTD Tek Close Circuit Rebreather book 2005 edition. By Tom Mount, Dr. David Sawatzky and Joerg Hess. I was curious if anyone else have read it and their opinion of the content. Seems to have lots of new info.

T
Dive Silent Dive Deep

They send me a copy but I haven't gotten around to reading it yet.
One of my pictures is in the back. :wink:

I've read it. I thought it was a pretty good overview of dive planning, equipment, etc. The oxygen toxicity was pretty basic review but I enjoyed the sections on CO2: CO2 and the Diver, CO2 Absorption, and CO2 Detection. Overall I thought it was a good, easy read that would be enjoyed by CCR divers, especially by those who are just getting into CCR diving. Just my 2 cents.

And Stefan, I liked your photo on the inside back cover. Who's diving the Prism and who's on the Inspiration?

Doug

debersole:
... but I enjoyed the sections on CO2: CO2 and the Diver, CO2 Absorption, and CO2 Detection.
Joerg Hess wrote the chapter on CO2, he published two articles previously in IANTD's Nitrox Diver Magazine (the CCR issue - Winter 2004) on CO2 absorbtion and CO2 detection that were likewise very good.

And Stefan, I liked your photo on the inside back cover. Who's diving the Prism and who's on the Inspiration?
The two PRISM divers in that shot are Kenny Schneider and Pete Readey. The pictures in my gallery are all from that day. Fabien did his OW portion of the class with Pete Readey, Kenny was an assistant instructor (March last year, he since finished his instructor training). The Inspiration diver is Rénee from Scuba Luv on Catalina Island, he stopped by, saw us and joined us for the last dive. And drove our gear back to the ferry. :D

And since someone is bound to ask, Fabien dives the Oceanic Supermask, without any pod in the pictures to the DSV/bailout drills on the stock DSV. Oceanic sponsors him, and K-M got him the RB pod for film production (the Great White sub off Guadaloupe). And the one with the pink mask is Pete, the only color that never vanishes into thin air when goes diving. :wink:

And indeed I choose the PRISM, but my class didn't start until two months later, with Kenny as instructor and Pete as IT.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom