Has anybody heard what happened to the inspiration diver.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What was that guy in Sydney the other day using?
(balistic from 105m!)

Mverick, Gasman, you guys wanna be a bit more specific?
Date, name, place ... anything? But rumors, I mean.

Hawaii draws a blank. Australia ... you mean Jason Mc Hattens
accident? He was flying a Mk 15.

Jason McHatten is not a user on ScubaBoard - his incident has been discussed extensively on DiveOz. Jason survived his CO2 incident which occured several months ago, and I believe is diving again. As mentioned he was using a Mk15, not an Inspiration.

I didn't have a name, news is slower and more sketechy down south! All I heard was that it was a scrubber problem with rapid ascent and about 1.5 hrs missed deco. There was a HBM physician on the boat so that might narrow it down.

Yes, that would have been Jason McHatten - Simon Mitchell who is a leading deco theory doctor (with the proper creds) was part of the team for that dive.

Mverick once bubbled...
A diver off of Kona Hawaii was lost. From my understanding they haven't found the Body or the RB. It was an Inspiration.

I know it happened recently. Like within the last 6 weeks

I have heard an UNCONFIRMED report that an Inspiration diver was lost off an agressor(neither APD or Agressor fleet is talking). I was told it was off COCOS Island NOT Kona. The diver was said to be diving solo.. neither his body nor his Rebreather was recovered.

If it is true and its off cocos, my bet is he had a run in with a shark. I have had several sharks get "friendly" when on a ccr.. They usually have to be convinced to leave.. I am not the only CCR diver I have spoken to that has has similiar experiences.

I was told most of the diver's gear was recently up on EBAY for auction.

Back
Top Bottom