A new adventure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mathauck0814

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Vermont, California, Australia and the Upper Keys
After over a year of hand wringing and countless hours of hounding any CCR diver I could find with an endless barrage of questions, I finally made my first rebreather purchase this morning.

Initially I had identified the evolution+ as the likely candidate, then the meg and ultimately the rEvo. The final decision came down to the modular nature of the unit, travel ability, and the size of the local rEvo community.

I'll take delivery of my new rEvo on August 10th. Then the fun begins.

Congratulations!!! And welcome to the rEvo family. What kind of rEvo did you get? standard, mini, micro? manual, hybrid?

I have been on a rEvo since 2009 and i love it.

I've started poking my nose around the CCR world out of curiosity to see if I want to go that route. I went to the rEvo site, not much info there! It's kinda hard to compare these things via their websites and such.

I've started poking my nose around the CCR world out of curiosity to see if I want to go that route. I went to the rEvo site, not much info there! It's kinda hard to compare these things via their websites and such.

The best thing to do is talk to the people who are diving them. You can learn a lot on rebreatherworld.com also. Mostly I did my research by picking peoples' brains anywhere I went that I saw someone diving CCR.

You are welcome to call me and discuss the rEvo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Jim Wyatt
www.cavediveflorida.com
www.cavecountrydiving.com
352-363-0013

The best thing to do is talk to the people who are diving them. You can learn a lot on rebreatherworld.com also. Mostly I did my research by picking peoples' brains anywhere I went that I saw someone diving CCR.

Yeah, I don't know too many people on CCR. I've contact some local (as in within 75 miles) shops that do rebreather demos.

Yeah, I don't know too many people on CCR. I've contact some local (as in within 75 miles) shops that do rebreather demos.

Give Robin Jacoway @ Ocean Research Group in San Diego a call. He can talk about a lot of units (though he's also skewed in favor of the rEvo, but he was helpful in evaluating the meg and APD units as well).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom