What happened with the APOC?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jepuskar

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
There is nothing on RBW about this as posting on it seems to be a felony. If this is a bad subject, I do apologize...but I havent been following it for a few years now.

J

Have you tried TDS?

Ummm,no! Forgot about that site. Will go there and look for the info I need to sleep tonight.

Thanks Anna!

J

---------- Post Merged on July 20th, 2012 at 09:40 AM ---------- Previous Post was on July 19th, 2012 at 11:18 PM ----------

Hmm, the APOC section of TDS is empty too. It's like it just went away. silent.

jep, i have no dog in this fight and welcome anyone to continue or contradict this explanation. i don't dive rb and don't really care, but sometimes like to read a good train wreck thread.

anyway, it seems the apoc is essentially vaporware, that the inventors took people's money upfront to be able to go into production but then for whatever reason failed to do so while still trying to hawk it and taking in money, making promises, and not giving any refunds. i think maybe one or two hand-made ones were delivered and then radio silence. the threads about them would get so heated - think thermonuclear - that i think most sites just pulled them and made the topic pretty much taboo.

Holy crap! Did that really happen? That's terrible. There was always talk about it being vaporware, but I really thought it was going to be a legit unit. I hope some people got their money back. That sucks. :(

J

Yup, pretty much sums it up nicely

jep, i have no dog in this fight and welcome anyone to continue or contradict this explanation. i don't dive rb and don't really care, but sometimes like to read a good train wreck thread.

anyway, it seems the apoc is essentially vaporware, that the inventors took people's money upfront to be able to go into production but then for whatever reason failed to do so while still trying to hawk it and taking in money, making promises, and not giving any refunds. i think maybe one or two hand-made ones were delivered and then radio silence. the threads about them would get so heated - think thermonuclear - that i think most sites just pulled them and made the topic pretty much taboo.

thanks for the validation, dave! nice to know i picked out the nuggets in the midst of all the complete and total bs, namecalling, and sleight of hand.

yeah, jep, sorta bites...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom