Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services.
  • Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events.
  • Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NEW for 2014 Access SBlogbook for members. It allows you to directly upload data from your dive computer, validate your logs digitally, link your dives to photos, videos, dive centers (9,000 on file), fishes (14,000 on file) and much more.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What happened with the APOC?

Registered

is not diving

Dives
    500 - 999
    Photos

What happened with the APOC?

There is nothing on RBW about this as posting on it seems to be a felony. If this is a bad subject, I do apologize...but I havent been following it for a few years now.

J

status, shmatus...

Photos
    Have you tried TDS?
    Your life is an occasion. Rise to it!

from Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium

Registered

is not diving

Dives
    500 - 999
    Photos
    Ummm,no! Forgot about that site. Will go there and look for the info I need to sleep tonight.

Thanks Anna!

J

---------- Post Merged on July 20th, 2012 at 09:40 AM ---------- Previous Post was on July 19th, 2012 at 11:18 PM ----------

Hmm, the APOC section of TDS is empty too. It's like it just went away. silent.

ScubaBoard Supporter
    Go Red - Support SB!

Diving is like legal Crack

Dives
    100 - 199
    Well based on a review on DiveOz of their 02 rebreather, it sounds like the products might need some more work..

Dive-Oz Discussion Forums - We've Gone Virtual!! - Apoc rebreather observations

Jameson is SIX!

d a aquamaster gave me the
    hood...

Dives
    200 - 499
    jep, i have no dog in this fight and welcome anyone to continue or contradict this explanation. i don't dive rb and don't really care, but sometimes like to read a good train wreck thread.

anyway, it seems the apoc is essentially vaporware, that the inventors took people's money upfront to be able to go into production but then for whatever reason failed to do so while still trying to hawk it and taking in money, making promises, and not giving any refunds. i think maybe one or two hand-made ones were delivered and then radio silence. the threads about them would get so heated - think thermonuclear - that i think most sites just pulled them and made the topic pretty much taboo.
    ...and the days go by, water flowing under ground, into the blue again, into the silent water, under the rocks and stones, there is water underground... - talking heads

Registered

is not diving

Dives
    500 - 999
    Photos
    Holy crap! Did that really happen? That's terrible. There was always talk about it being vaporware, but I really thought it was going to be a legit unit. I hope some people got their money back. That sucks.

J

CCR Instructor

lacks status.

Dives
    1,000 - 2,499
    Photos
    Yup, pretty much sums it up nicely

Quote Originally Posted by BabyDuck View Post
    jep, i have no dog in this fight and welcome anyone to continue or contradict this explanation. i don't dive rb and don't really care, but sometimes like to read a good train wreck thread.

anyway, it seems the apoc is essentially vaporware, that the inventors took people's money upfront to be able to go into production but then for whatever reason failed to do so while still trying to hawk it and taking in money, making promises, and not giving any refunds. i think maybe one or two hand-made ones were delivered and then radio silence. the threads about them would get so heated - think thermonuclear - that i think most sites just pulled them and made the topic pretty much taboo.
    Cheers,
    Dave...

www.wedivebc.com
    "How do you know if there are any hornets in the nest unless you whack it once in a while"

Registered

is not diving

Dives
    500 - 999
    Photos
    I think I'm sorry I asked. :/

Jameson is SIX!

d a aquamaster gave me the
    hood...

Dives
    200 - 499
    thanks for the validation, dave! nice to know i picked out the nuggets in the midst of all the complete and total bs, namecalling, and sleight of hand.

yeah, jep, sorta bites...
    ...and the days go by, water flowing under ground, into the blue again, into the silent water, under the rocks and stones, there is water underground... - talking heads

Course Director

Here for now

Dives
    I'm a Fish!
    Photos
    Read where they have filed for bankruptcy.
    CONTINUALLY LEARNING

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast