Soon to join the bubbleless world

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tstormdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
If all goes well, I should start my rebreather training within a month. I am very much looking forward to it, with all its challenges & interesting points. I can see the skills I will learn as a way to open up new possiblities & opportunities for me. I will be training through my LDS which offers the both the Posiedon MK6 & the Hollis Prism2. After studying & comparing the pros & cons of each unit, I have decided on & ordered the Prism2. The Prism2 offers more of what I am wanting to use the unit for now & possibly in the future,... primarily cave diving, but perhaps some Trimix, as I grow, in the future. I am also more familiar with the Shearwater computer on the Hollis, as I have 2 Predators that I dive OC with. While there is not much really wrong with the Posiedon, the Hollis just seems better suited to my needs. a decision of matching the right tool for the eventual dive objective.

The new iteration of the PRISM doesn't seem too different than the one we tested years ago. Well thought unit IMO and a easy to breathe unit. Especially with the original neoprene CT. Have the best time with it!

Cheers,

X

Good luck, it's very discouraging at first but if you take the attitude that you're starting from scratch and don't know anything about diving, you'll be fine :wink:

Good luck, it's very discouraging at first but if you take the attitude that you're starting from scratch and don't know anything about diving, you'll be fine :wink:

Good advice. Probably will be harder to say than do, but I will certainly give it my all.

All I can tell you is I remember sitting in Roatan after the first day of training with my friend who is a legend wreck diver (100 Doria dives, etc.) and we were going "why did we buy these pieces of junk, what the hell are we doing, I'm selling this POS!" Our attitudes obviously changed after a couple of days but it's rough at first.

All I can tell you is I remember sitting in Roatan after the first day of training with my friend who is a legend wreck diver (100 Doria dives, etc.) and we were going "why did we buy these pieces of junk, what the hell are we doing, I'm selling this POS!" Our attitudes obviously changed after a couple of days but it's rough at first.

I hear what you are saying. My instructor has already warned me that, for a while, it will go against everything I've learned about diving, so far.

Ya'll are crazy. After the first dive on my meg I was frustrated, and ecstatic at the same time. For me there is just no other way to dive.

-WOB.. non existent.. I don't care if you are 200ft or 20 ft.. you don't feel it. And you realize you've been sucking through a loud straw on all your OC dives.
-Creatures swim up to you.. yea, schools of fish don't care you are there..
-The quiet, serenity, peacefulness is incredible..

But:
-now I'm OCD and analyze anything I dive now even fresh off the compressor.
-my setup, predive is a military affair
-I'm suffering from some sort of addiction where I feel bad if I'm not on a rebreather every few weeks.

Lot of things to remember on CCR. Minimum Loop Volume is one key factor to helping negate the buoyancy issues. Inhale and just bottomout the CL's was one of the best pieces of advice I got early on.
Many a very experienced diver had doubting issues about themselves. One day at a time.
It will get better.

-Bill
Inspo and Meg Pilot

You'll have fun... as others have warned... eventually. However, you will master it and wonder why you didn't take the plunge earlier.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom