How do YOU use your HUD?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScoobaChef

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Just wondering how much you guys rely on your HUD.

From one extreme - totally ignore it and fly off the handsets.

To the other - rarely look at the handsets and rely on the HUD mostly

Or somewhere in between?

I use the HUD primarily & check that my handset matches every hour. At 20' deco I use the handset primarily so I can see the voltage of the cells.

I run a Smither's code and have all three cells give me info on my hud. That's my primary way of checking it on my Pathfinder or Meg.

On my rEvo I have two dreams thus two HUD's with a modified Smither's and use it as my primary.

I prefer using my HUD as I might be scootering or doing something else with my hands.

I also like the HUD when I am scootering, penetrating (running a line) or dirty work where I have to use two hands. I like look at the handsets every so often to confirm the HUD is on target.

I have a fisher plus shearwater and I use that for 95% of my ppO2 checks since I get depth, time, ppO2 and TTS all in one glance.

I use the HUD as an alarm. e.g. forgetting to increase the setpoint from 0.7 after the descent I detect pretty fast since its 3 reds. Every once in a while my hands will be so busy that I count 2 vs 3 greens for all 3 cells.

Second using it as an alarm.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom