For Dräger Dolphin and Ray users

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

caveseeker7

Contributor
Reaction score
A while ago Dräger increased scrubber times for both Dolphin and Ray, from 3hrs. to 4hrs. and 70min. to 110 min. respectively.
For Europe and Egypt only, though.

Which I find rather odd as that covers anything from icy waters to quite warm ones, and both US and AUS waters should be somewhere in between.

At Aqualung Germany's website is an intresting file in regards to those times:
http://www.aqualung.de/de/rebreather/atemkalk.html
There are pdf files in English and German to download, explaining the conditions of both ratings.

I would assume it simply an issue of reducing liability exposure in the USA.

Roni Liberman
Protech Belize www.protechbelize.com
IANTD Trimix Instructor Trainer Trainer (ITT)
PADI Gold Palm 5 Stars IDC center

Roni at Protech:
I would assume it simply an issue of reducing liability exposure in the USA.
As I said, I can see that in the US. But they actually posted it as "Europe including Egypt". Does that mean all the rest of the world has liability laws like the US? I rather doubt that. How about your liability laws in Belize?

Besides, expecting people outside of Europe including Egypt to buy and pay for 33% more Divesorb seems excessive, don't you think?
From a diver's point of view, Roni, not a retailers.

And court happy as people are around here I'm suprised no one has run to his attorney yelling "They're ripping me off. They're ripping everyone here off!"
They probably peddled enough of these things over here for a class action.

Back
Top Bottom