Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services.
  • Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events.
  • Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NEW for 2014 Access SBlogbook for members. It allows you to directly upload data from your dive computer, validate your logs digitally, link your dives to photos, videos, dive centers (9,000 on file), fishes (14,000 on file) and much more.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.

Thread: Did it really snow on Sharm yesterday?

Scuba Instructor

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    200 - 499

Did it really snow on Sharm yesterday?

Guys in sharm, mainly Crowly
    did it really snow yesterday or was it some exaggerating news report?
    how is your Thistlegorm trip?

Master Instructor

Master of Muppets

Dives
    I'm a Fish!
    Blog Entries
    I didn't see any snow - and actually, because I'm English, I spent an hour sitting on my porch watching the rain come down. I didn't see proper rain since January, and when you live in the dry and dusty desert all year, it's kinda nice to get rained on. Not for too long though.

Thistlegorm was cancelled because Travco was closed but the jetties re-opened later in the morning and other boats went out. Too late for us though. Never mind - I am going tomorrow instead!

Cheers

C.

Divemaster
    Badge

Instructor

Dives
    2,500 - 4,999
    Photos
    No it didn't snow.. but we had hail and lashings of rain!

We were diving local so managed to get off the jetty when it opened... did both dives in the morning, so were able to enjoy the torrents of rain while we ate lunch on the way back.

Fantastic thunderstorm hit in the evening too... woo hoo!

Master Instructor

Master of Muppets

Dives
    I'm a Fish!
    Blog Entries
    Hail? When - where!? maybe it happened when I was back in bed being miserable cos the Thistlegorm was cancelled - went today though - it was pretty cool.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who enjoys a bit of precipitation every now and then!

Happy Nude Beer to all of you - party is at my place tonight

Weeeee!!

Crowley.

Scuba Instructor

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    200 - 499
    ok, hail is fair enough to be considered as snow in Egypt.. you know we never get any snow and little hail every few years so the guy was thrilled and just wrote snow

happy new year everyone !

Divemaster
    Badge

Instructor

Dives
    2,500 - 4,999
    Photos
    We were at Near Garden... torrential it was.. for about an hour or more while we ate lunch. In Hadaba it only rained for about fifteen minutes apparently. I just thought the white bits were very big blobs of rain until someone handed me a hailstone!!