Indian Valley Scuba is heading to the Red Sea!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Indian Valley Scuba

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Harleysville, Pennsylvania, United States
# of dives
It's time for our 'Dive the Revolution' tour, and we're flying to Cairo to begin a fifteen day tour of dive sites and operators along the Red Sea for our next group trips. Looking forward to seeing how the "change in management" has affected the dive industry.

Pop in for a Sakara or ten if you find yourselves in Sharm! :D

Cheers n beers

C.

Hey there bud I will definately be in Sharm and Dahab doing some rec & tech diving over the next two weeks. Would love to put a face to the posts!

it's not a particularly great face but PM me and I'll let you know where I am - be cool to catch up! :D

Cheers

C.

Enjoying a few icy cold Sakara's at the Le Meridian Pyramids in Cairo tonight! Where is Sharm will I find you?

Amazing experience today at the Great Pyramid - young man approaches me, asks if I am an American, I tell him yes, and he proceeds to bring his entire family over for a photo with me, all smiles and shaking my hand. Then he reaches into his pocket and brings out his 'martyr badge', the printed card that the protesters wore around their neck to identify themselves to each other in Eltahir Square, and says "Please take this I won't need it anymore thanks to your country and it's president for doing the right thing". "Welcome back to the new Egypt", he says. What an amazing feeling!

I truly enjoyed reading about your adventures and more particularly the El Quseir episode with the Pharaoh Dive Club. Heading out there myself early April for a week diving. Have posted a few photos I took on previous trips here: Dive Center Reviews | Pharaoh Dive Club | El Quesir | Scuba Diving Reviews | Scubadviser
About 1,5 hours drive from El Quseir on the road to Qift at Wadi Hammamat is a site from ancient times with rock engravings petroglyphs which are well worth a visit I am told and I will try to get there on my non-dive day for photographing. This may be something to remember for your next trip.

Thanks for that info DiverLux. We had such a fantastic time I booked two group trips while I was there. Here's the flyer for the trip next April. Perhaps you can join us!

Did you dove in dahab? tek or rec?

Hi,
That's an interesting tour indeed albeit with a tough schedule. Have seen Cairo and the sights there but not the Nile Valley. I will probably do just a sight-seeing trip to Luxor but that might be hard knowing the Red Sea and diving is near. It's easy for me to get to the Red-Sea and I always go with a package from here on short notice. Might see you there as I will be diving with Pharaoh again at that time of the year. Steve knows the man from Luxembourg.
All the best.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom