Jeddah Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Searcaigh

Seahorse Wrangler
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Managed to stay over for a few days after business meetings in Jeddah this week and had 5 dives at the weekend.

First two were at the Sheraton Beach Resort, nice and easy, although a bit choppy on exit.

On the Friday I made 3 boat dives with Desert Sea Divers, nice set up, professional crew, proper dive briefing, and all for less than $100 inclusive of tanks and weights as well as a lunch and plenty of drinks and snacks on board. Great day out despite the return to port being pretty rough.

I would highly recommend anyone who is planning to visit Jeddah to take the extra time and enjoy some decent diving. Viz was 20M and water temps 26C. Not much in the way of big stuff, but plenty of reef fish to keep me happy clicking away.

Just to note that NITROX is still pretty much a rarity here. I did request some for the boat dive but there was no analyzer to check what the O2 % was, so I dived on air. Next time I will bring my own analyzer.

Back
Top Bottom