CDWS Closed my Ministry of Tourism?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

elmagnoon

Contributor
Reaction score
I believe this means that CDWS has been closed

وزير السياحة يقرر حل مجلس الغرف السياحية

أعلن وزير السياحة منير فخرى عبد النور عن حل مجلس إدارة الاتحاد المصرى للغرف السياحية والغرفة التابعة لها، موضحا أنه يبحث حاليا عن شخصيات تتمتع بالنزاهة والكفاءة من قيادات اتحاد العام للغرف السياحية لاختيارهم كأعضاء فى لجان تسيير الأعمال التى سوف يتم الإعلان عنها خلال الأيام المقبلة، على ألا يقوم أحد من أعضاء تلك اللجنة بالترشح فى الانتخابات المقبلة.

وأشار عبد النور إلى أن الوظيفة الأولى لتلك اللجنة هى الإعداد للانتخابات المقبلة بالإضافة إلى تسيير أمور الاتحاد والغرف المختلفة.

أكد الوزير أن قرار الحل جاء تطبيقا لأحكام القضائية الصادرة مؤخرا ببطلان الانتخابات، موضحا أن عدد الأعضاء بكل لجنة تتراوح من 5 إلى 7 أعضاء، سيتم اختيارهم من خارج مجلس إدارات الغرفة السابقة لمباشرة أعمالها لمدة شهرين كحد أقصى، ليتم بعدها إجراء انتخابات جديدة لاختيار مجلس إدارة لاتحاد والغرف المختلفة لحين موعد الانتخابات، والمقرر لها أكتوبر القادم ليستمر مجلس الإدارة لمدة 4 شهور طبقا للقانون.

أما عن لجنة تسيير الأعمال بالاتحاد فقد أشار الوزير إلى أن اللجنة سوف تضم 9 شخصيات من ممثلى أعضاء الجمعية العمومية مع الإبقاء على بعض الشخصيات ذات النزاهة فى المجلس السابق، بالإضافة إلى بعض خبراء السياحة وستعمل لمدة 6 شهور.
المصدر:اليوم السابع

وزير السياحة يقرر حل مجلس الغرف السياحية ~ اخبار يوم بيوم Newsdbd.com

This is what Google Translate thinks it is:

Minister of Tourism Munir Fakhry Abdel Nour for a solution to the Governing Council of the Egyptian Federation of Chambers of Tourism and the Chamber of them, explaining that he is looking for characters have integrity and efficiency of the leaders of the General Union of Chambers of Tourism for their selection as members of the committees conducting the work, which will be announced in the coming days, the not one of the members of that Committee to run in the upcoming elections.

He pointed out that Abdel Nour, the primary function of the Committee is to prepare for the upcoming elections as well as running of the Union and the various chambers.

Minister emphasized that the decision of the solution was applied to the provisions of the law of the recently invalidated the elections, pointing out that the number of members of each committee, ranging from 5 to 7 members, will be chosen from outside the departments of the room prior to direct work for two months maximum, for, after which new elections for the selection of the Board of Directors of the Union and the various chambers until the election date, and scheduled for next October to continue the Board of Directors for a period of 4 months according to law.

As for the steering committee of EU business was the minister pointed out that the Committee will include representatives of the 9 personalities of members of the general public while maintaining the integrity of some of the characters in the previous board, as well as some tourism experts and will work for a period of 6 months.
Source: Seventh Day

Sorry I'm not good at translating but google is worse than I am.

It translated حل to "solution" and in that context it should be "dissolved".
Basically the minister dissolved or closed what I am not sure how to translate in English but generally means certain agencies (Chambers) that operated by permits from the Ministry of Tourism and to my knowledge and based on the replies I got from people in the industry the closure included the CDWS. It would be prudent for owners of diver centers to contact the ministry and CDWS for confirmation. I believe it is the end of another a corrupt agency. تحيا الثوره

Last edited:
This was discussed before and that is the answer by email from the CDWS:

Dear colleagues / members of CDWS,

This is to inform you that the first degree Council of State ruled to dissolve the board the Egyptian Tourism Federation (ETF) and the five boards of Tourism Chambers on December 26, 2010. This was due to an administration mistake of not formally asking for the opinion of the ETF prior issuing decree 260- 2008 reducing board members to 12 instead of 15. It was not due to any other reason as some rumours claim.

Since this is a first degree rule and the case is still in front of the Supreme Court, the Ministry of Tourism is studying the legal options with the legal consultants to decide whether or not to dissolve the boards of the ETF and the five tourism chambers.

If the decision is made to dissolve the boards; Mr. Mouneir Fakhri Abdel Nour, the Minister of Tourism, will appoint new board members for all five chambers and the ETF will run the organizations until elections are held for the five chambers and the ETF.

As there have been some fabricated rumours; CDWS needed to clarify the following:

1. All five tourism Chambers continue to perform their work and services to members by its administrative organization as usual. CDWS - of course - will continue working through its branches in South Sinai and the Red Sea.

2. All the functions, mandates and duties of the five tourist chambers remain the same. This includes CDWS assigned duties and responsibilities for the diving and water sports tourism industry in accordance with Resolution 16 of 2008 and Resolution 730 of 2009 as part of Egyptian Tourism industry with the MoT.

3. There is no truth at all that sentences or decisions of any administrative authority has cancelled the role of CDWS as the only entity supervising the diving and water sports tourism industry in Egypt.

CDWS members are continuing to provide quality services to tourists in accordance with the international standards.

Dear colleagues; please do not listen to rumours promoted by some immoral people in their desperate effort to demolish the success and accomplishments of members and CDWS, including marketing, promotion of our destination and services provision in accordance with the international standards.

CDWS promises you to keep you informed and updated with all developments promptly, clearly and explicitly as usual.

Please do not hesitate to contact your chamber if you have any questions or need more information.

Best wishes,

Zeyad M. EL Bassel
Executive Director of the Chamber

Furthermore, there won't be any new tourism companies (including new dive centers) in the near future. The minister has issued a decree to stop licensing new tourism companies. The decree is to be active for one year long.

Source (in Arabic): http://www.shorouknews.com/ContentData.aspx?id=413752

Rumours by immoral people :D They sound like Mubarak, Suliman and Shafiq before they got a serious kick in the ass. I'm glad they didn't accuse us of being Alqaeda

This is not up to date. Yesterday the decision has been put into action.
Yes, OK, but what exactly does it mean?
Is the CDWS still in charge, as stated in the email, and just the board was dismissed due to a legality in the board setup, or was the chamber dissolved as a whole and does basically not exist anymore?
If there is no CDWS - who is in charge now? Can anybody from now on just do as they please?

Don´t get me wrong, I´m not defending the CDWS here, I just don´t like the spreading of rumours which might lead to false assumptions and wrong actions. As long as the only source of information are some newspaper articles I rather wait for some kind of official confirmation.

I also heard the rumour that the cost for a work permit has been increased to 5000.- LE. Does anybody know anything about that? There´s just to much misinformation, rumours and gossip floating around right now...

Don´t get me wrong, I´m not defending the CDWS here, I just don´t like the spreading of rumours which might lead to false assumptions and wrong actions. As long as the only source of information are some newspaper articles I rather wait for some kind of official confirmation.

I'm not attacking CDWS. I'm not a fan of CDWS, but not an enemy either.

Anyway, here's some news. The "new" chamber of tourism board member names have been announced. It includes Hesham Gabr. For diving, there will be a special committee with:

Hesham Gabr: president
Zeyad El Bassel: vice president
Omar Adly: treasurer
Hamed Abdalla: member
Zohair Khaireldeen: member

This committee will be running for 2 months or until going for new board election, whichever is nearer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom