Looking For Red Sea New Year Deal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

neilstewart

Contributor
Reaction score
I am looking for a deal to the Red Sea over new year leaving on 27th/28th Dec. Anyone know any liveaboards that are short of one person. I am working to a student budget so it needs to be value.

Neil

Try Explorers. We have booked a trip with them which is less than £300 including flights, transfers, accomadation and diving for a week. We don't go until the middle of January though so it may not be as cheap for the new year.

Unfortunately Egypt has become very popular for a Winter Sun break this year and there aren't a lot of plane seats available.

About 8 weeks ago I got the last seats on a plane going out to Hurghada on 12th December for 2 weeks (via Regal Diving who are one of the most expensive operators for non-discounted Red Sea holidays).

Most deals I can find are departing straight after Christmas are about £800 for flights & hotel or £1100 for liveaboards.

Places worth checking are:
Divernet (Last Min Specials section)
Crusader Travel (Liveaboard Exchange & Lait Bait Sections)
Regal Diving Tony Backhurst

If you can wait until January then prices for landbased (with diving) start at about £300 and liveaboards are a few hundred pounds cheaper.

HTH

Anne

Thanks Ann, I did check out regal, you are quite right there is nothing at the moment. However they did suggest I try Crusader who will look at any vacancies on a daily basis, for cancellations. So they have my instruction that if they find a place I am available to go at 1/2 a days notice, we will just see what happens. Hope your trip goes well.

Neil

I would agree with phish-phood there… explorers really do have some amazing deals, but the free diving is not included over the Christmas/New Year period, and you may find it tough getting the flight at this stage. I learned to dive with them in Jan 2 years ago, and had a great experience, Ocean College were v organised with good boats and excellent instructors.

lastminute.com is also good for finding the current deals.

Or for the liveaboard option, could try Tony Backhurst... scuba.co.uk as they do knock down the prices if they have the odd space left. The boats really are lovely too. I was on Cyclone in May and again was very impressed. It may be more than the explorers deal, but once you have paid the extra fees and food on a shore-based trip, you will probably end up spending the same as if you had won a late deal on a liveaboard. Of course I haven't even mentioned the diving, which is truly wonderful when you can just fall out of bed into the sea before breakfast!!!:D

Hope you get a good deal and have fun.

Back
Top Bottom