Lost GoPro Hero 3 - Little Brother Reef on the South Plateau where the boats anchor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Crazyrph

New
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am offering a reward for a lost Go Pro Hero 3 camera that was accidentally dropped by the boat crew into the depths under the anchored boat. I did not have insurance unfortunately and would love a lucky break. I believe it would need to be a tech diver that would find it, as we estimated the depth to be approximately 60-80 meters :-( Current was light to modest that morning and I believe it dropped fairly quick and would not have drifted much. I believe the site has about 3 mooring areas and we were in the middle line, second boat out.

It is mounted on a SRP rack with handles and locline arms. 2 chinese lights were attached. There was a 64 GB scandisk memory in it with just one days dives on it from this week. It also had a macro lens attached via the blur fix adapter.

Bless anyone willing and able to retrieve. I will pay for postage and a reward.

Does anyone have ideas about how to claim something like this, in case it is never found? I did not have travel insurance as I used points for everything but the camera expense purchased recently. I had the Dan preferred accident insurance but did not purchase the additional equipment coverage. Homeowners deductible in just under the total cost to replace etc..... Any other ideas?

Sincerely,

John Bayless

if you still have the receipt, then put it on your home insurance and say you lost it possibly after a month of insuring it? not saying this possibly morally correct but insurance companies do make large profits so don't feel too bad.

Back
Top Bottom