Brayka Bay Reef or Concorde Moreen at Abu Dabour Bay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wooleybob

New
Reaction score
Hi - we are going to Marsa Alam in April and some of our group (travelling with 3 children, 14, 12, 9) do not dive. I am looking for a hotel with the best beach and house reef for snorkelling with easy access to the house reef. Also would prefer the option where red flags are least likely. Many hours of research has led me to these two options....can anyone help comment on them? Open to other suggestions.....

Help would be very gratefully received - feel like I am going round in circles trying to find the best option.

Hi,

Can recommend Coraya Bay near Marsa Alam airport. The Iberotel Lamaya is popular with British guests , walk 100 meters to the dive centre, the jetty to enter the sea is 50 meters away. The bay is protected from the winds and diving is good here. You can dive the bay unguided at your own pace. I go there twice a year , your kids will love the water park.
There is plenty of information on the Coraya Divers web site and links to the hotels (note: the Iberotel Coraya Beach is adult only) Coraya-Divers Egypt, dive school and dive base, red sea, Marsa Alam -

ditto to that, am writing this from Iberotel lamaya, had a nice vacation, dive at my own pace to have more time to spend with my kids (9 and 6 and 2) easy snorkeling, protected bay very nice and friendly hotel staff and very well organized dive center.

Thank you both for your help - I appreciate you taking the time to reply. Will look at both those options.

Did you go there in the end? I'm also similar have dived with my 11 year old old only a few times. We both have open water and been to sharm always but fancy something different. I'm looking to plan a 10 day trip next April Easter holidays.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom