Jeddah 11 April

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Searcaigh

Seahorse Wrangler
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Any Saudi based divers available for a dive with me in Jeddah on Friday 11th April?

I am going to be there for about five days attending a conference and of course I will be free on the Friday so looking to dive some of my old haunts.

Plan A is to book a trip with Desert Sea Divers or Plan B book with the Sheraton to dive at their beach.

Well I went with Plan B, managed to contact the guy that runs the Sheraton Beach Resort and stayed there for 600 Riyals incl B/fast

Arrived just before lunch time on Thursday and was in the water within an hour of checking in, then had to do some work before getting wet again for an 8:30pm night dive. Back in the water at 08:00 this morning and a second dive at 11:00 before checking out after lunch and heading to the hotel where I have to stay for work purposes.

Diving was not so bad, met a couple of German guys that live at the beach resort and dived with them as well as the local Filipino Dive Instructor.

Poor viz though at the end of the first dive due to some dredging and reef destruction just north of the Sheraton beach. Night dive was fantastic, basketstars and cuttlefish all over the place, almost tempted to move back here ..... naw they would need to double my salary :p

Plan to return here for a short holiday after Ramadan though

Water temp 27C and visibility 20M

Some random pics wot I took!

Only had my 60mm Micro lens with me, good compromise though

Was there with the family on the 12th to 14th.

There was an "invasion" of jelly fish on the sheraton beach.

The marine life I saw was no where near and good as what you had but anther diver claimed to have seen a manta ray.

Saif

Too bad Saif, bit of dredging going on the next beach north that was causing some poor vis in the shallow area above 5M, but all well below that depth

Back
Top Bottom