The Brothers or other shark diving sites from Hurghada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maciekish

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi,Me and my friend are going to Hurghada in two weeks. We've been in touch with Colona divers who don't arrange day trips to The Brothers. Does anyone know of any company that does? Or to any other place which is frequented by sharks?No liveaboards this time, only day trips.ThanksMaciej

If I remember right, it was about a seven hour trip from Hurghada to the Brothers, so the geography is against you.

The Brothers can't be reached by day boat from anywhere. You could go to Elphinstone Reef by day boat, but not from Hurgahda. It is 20 km of Marsa Alam/Port Ghalib and thats is a 30-40 minute flight from Hurghada.
In Hurghada you might consider Voodoo Divers: Diving in Hurghada: Voodoo Divers. Diving with the dutch touch! to go diving with.

Here is what can be reached from Hurghada approximately: Duikkaart

Thanks for all the responses. Colona divers said they may go to Elphinstone Reef for an extra fee. Is there a fair chance of sharks there, or perhaps another place reachable by day boat from Hurghada please?

elphinstone is almost 250-300km south of hurghada
Why go by boat?
just get a taxi and go dive from quseir or marsa alam, they have daily trips, normal ones not with long rides (just 1.5-2 hours) to elphinstone.
You can arrange 2 days diving there with accommodation or just 1 day diving (though I think no operator would allow you to elphinstone without checking your diving skills) and the operator should help you with transportation as well

you can contact redsea diving safari, they go to elphinstone using ribs from their marsa shagra camp,

Red Sea Diving Safari - Marsa Alam - Location

Back
Top Bottom