Carryon restrictions on Egyptair

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DazedAndConfuzed

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

Not strictly a dive related question, but in getting and to the liveaboard, I will have to fly some local flights via Egyptair. They seem to be of the smaller airplane type. I was wondering if they are strict with carry-on size and weight limits?

For carryons, I usually have a rolling camera case that's right around the current limit, then I would have a camera case backpack (or I'll stuff that backpack in a bigger backpack so I can throw the regulators in too). My wife would likely wear a pretty big 40L backpack and her purse.

Will they stop me if I have my rolling suitcase and a backpack (maybe a decently big one)?

On international flights, they don't make an issue about it. If they did, it would be because I use to bring an overstuffed rolling suitcase with the expansion zippers fully opened.

Took the flight already, local flights are Cairo to Aswan, and then Marsa Alam back to Cairo. Local flights don't seem to be too big an issue with luggage space, since many people seem to be local travelers with minimal luggage.

On my flight leaving Cairo, it was an issue since on a 747, there seem to be much more seats compared to luggage space, so they were very strick on the 2nd carryons and made us check them in right before boarding.

They did confiscate my booze, which I got from duty free, but opened..probably to drink themselves later on.

Back
Top Bottom