Diving In Jeddah (KSA)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

azhar

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Anyone knows of any dive operator in Jeddah. I m flying to Kingdom for 20 days in Feb 2015 and want to dive in Red Sea. I have tried contacting Desert Sea Divers and Nautilus via e-mail and phone but no response. Anyone knows their valid contact details or would like to recommend any other dive operator.

Thanks

Hi Azhar,

Where are you staying?

Sheraton has a private beach with very easy access to the reef and the night dives there are pretty good too, I used them last year and rented a cabin at the beach for a few days. There were a couple of other divers living there plus a Filipino Instructor on site who will dive with you if you have not buddy

Another hotel whose name escapes me at the moment, but it was the Movenpick many years ago, has a resort at the north entrance to the creek (Sharm Obhur)

Both hotels have shuttle buses to their respective beaches.

Desert Sea Divers have decent boats, I know this won't help much at the moment but once you are in Jeddah it is easier to visit the dive shops bearing in mind that during prayer times all shops are closed so try to do this during a morning

Red Sea Divers, Natulis Divers and Blue Reef Divers are all within walking distance of each other near the Danube Shopping centre.

Good luck

Azhar
Here are the numbers you are looking for
Desert Sea is Ziad 966 563952008
Natlus is Abu 966 505595573 or 966 543115826
Sheraton has no onsite instrutor as he has left the country but there is always some divers there. 966 538577978
Laplage beach no onsite instructor 966 543307427
These numbers are mobile numbers and sometimes they change but they were good a couple of weeks ago when i was there.

Cheers
Michael

Michael,

Good to see you are still around, when are you heading to Jeddah again?

Some time in late Feb I will be bringing a couple of students up for there open water dives. It really depends on how my boss does over the next week or so .

Cheers

I will be waiting for a detailed dive report. I wanted to see how KSA is different from Egyptian Red Sea.

I will be waiting for a detailed dive report. I wanted to see how KSA is different from Egyptian Red Sea.

Having done 700+ dives there, from the Farasan Islands to the Gulf of Aqaba I can tell you it beats anything I have experienced in Egypt.

I would expect that but attribute it to less/no traffic or divers harassing the reef....

Apart from round the Jeddah area that would be true, less impact from poor diving skills north and south of Jeddah, some amazing diving on that coast

Is there any way to dive these Saudi reefs via liveaboard?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom