Red sea liveaboard, July?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pajjpen

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey! Im looking to do some diving in july, as this is the only time i got time off work. Other spots around the world are also of interest of course but since this is the Red sea thread ill stick to that for now.
Ok so basically ive been looking and was fairly surprised at the prices of the liveaboards in the Red Sea (thought it was gonna be more expensive) id like to see the big stuff, mostly sharks.
Anybody got a good tip on where to look for a good liveaboard that visits the best sites in the red sea in july, or maybe other places i could go in July?
Cheers!

Well, I've had two wonderful trips with Red Sea Explorers. The boat isn't fancy, but it's sound, and most importantly, the crew supports your diving in a fantastic way. You can dive as you want -- guided or not, with or without scooters, and they support technical diving as well. Faisal, who owns the boat, is a madcap fellow whose goal is that everyone on the trip peg the fun meter every day, and he will make it happen.

Well, I've had two wonderful trips with Red Sea Explorers. The boat isn't fancy, but it's sound, and most importantly, the crew supports your diving in a fantastic way. You can dive as you want -- guided or not, with or without scooters, and they support technical diving as well. Faisal, who owns the boat, is a madcap fellow whose goal is that everyone on the trip peg the fun meter every day, and he will make it happen.

Where would u recommend I go in July, to see as much sharks as possible. Is "simply the best" really the best?

Last edited:
Where would u recommend I go in July, to see as much sharks as possible. Is "simply the best" really the best?

yes - its the best option for that time of year for shark activity. ( I worked as a cruise director in the red sea for 18 months ;-))
at the Brothers you will likely see oceanic white tips, grey reef and thresher sharks
at Daedalus you can see oceanic white tips and possibly hammerheads
at Elphinstone you may be lucky with manta rays

July is a good time of year for marine life and weather and not too crowded

depending on your boat I'd opt for departure from Port Ghalib
Try blue o two - their boats are good and i believe they have an office in Sweden that you can book through

yes - its the best option for that time of year for shark activity. ( I worked as a cruise director in the red sea for 18 months ;-))
at the Brothers you will likely see oceanic white tips, grey reef and thresher sharks
at Daedalus you can see oceanic white tips and possibly hammerheads
at Elphinstone you may be lucky with manta rays

July is a good time of year for marine life and weather and not too crowded

depending on your boat I'd opt for departure from Port Ghalib
Try blue o two - their boats are good and i believe they have an office in Sweden that you can book through
Alright cool, gonna look into that for sure, ive read that july is supposed to be a good month for hammers, this correct according to your experience? And also, what about macro in the red sea?

Best regards

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom