Two week live aboard in August

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

frogfish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have never dived in the Red Sea and am currently in the process of booking a two week cruise in August. Tentative itinerary combines both North and South routes.

I was hoping to get some pointers as to the likely conditions (water temp, viz.) and marine life -

I am thinking of a 3mm wetsuit; would a 5mm be better ?

In terms of lenses for my SLR, will I be good with a fisheye and a 12-24 ? Should I also bring a macro lens ?

Any pointers much appreciated !

my hubby dived in the red sea in early octoberand wore a 3mm…if that helps ? fantastic week of diving…lots to see.

august the sea temp will be around 30c and the air temp will be close to 40. i would go with a 3mm shorty as my personal experience has been a 3mm shorty in august, and then ditched it and went swimming trunks and rash vest.

In August the water temperatures in the Red Sea will be arond 28*C and a 3mm shorty should be more than enough.

Are you going to be on the same boat for the full 2 weeks or are you doing back to back weekly liveaboards?

Thanks for the input, I'll go with my 3mm.

Hintermann - I am on the same boat for two weeks - Lots of great diving hopefully :) I have dived a lot in the Far East, looking forward to finding out how the Red sea compares !

Back
Top Bottom