Anyone know good Dahab dive clubs??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

didi

New
Reaction score
Hi
I'm planning a trip to Dahab for early June. We'll be in Dahab about 4 days.
Can anyone tell me the best hotel/dive club to go for? i realise that loads have sprung up in the last few yrs and would like to go to one with a good reputation but also not too expensive!!

Ta

:small:
Dee

I would definitely recommend Nesima dive centre and resort for 3 reasons:

1) Decent dive operator and inexpensive

2) Located in the grounds of the Nesima hotel, which I would also highly recommend - very relaxing atmosphere, nice pool right next to the beach

3) Within easy walking distance of the main Dahab shops, restaurants etc

I don't know much about the other operators in Dahab, other than that there are some cowboys around and you need to choose carefully.

I've heard that Reef 2000 are good, but from recollection their centre is a bit out of town

With regard to dive sites, make sure you visit the folllowing:

The Bells (near the blue hole) - great wall dive
The Canyon
The Islands (worth doing a night dive here too)

Hope this helps, let me know how you get on

I was going to give you my two cents but ben has beaten me to it. I agree with everything he said. Nesima are great. Canyon, Bells and Islands are fantastic sites.

The blue hole one of the famous (infamous) sites in the area but there isn't much down there. Better to do the bells wall dive and exit at the blue hole.

Orca diving are good for tech stuff.

I was there for quite a while so my budget didn't spread to Nesima hotel but it is a good mid-priced hotel, as is the Sphinx. Dahab town (street) is full of pretty good budget hotels. Avoid the big names they are way overpriced and out of town.

I just got back from Dahab about a month ago.

I stayed at the Hilton and was very pleased with the dive club on site there.

It was Sinai Divers, who are quite well known in Sharm.

If you wanna see some of the pictures I took take a look at...

http://www.tranfree.com/holiday/

...most of the good ones were taken at Napoleon Reef, which was a boat dive. Most local dives are shore dives.

I just got back from 11 days in Dahab.

I stayed at Mohamed Ali camp we had a clean double room with a bathroom and fan with a sea view for LE25 approx US$5.50 per night. It was very handy to Dahab bazars and restuarants.

They are also part of the Club Red dive centre which is a 5 star PADI centre. The equipment was a few years old but I had no problems with it. All their staff were very good and made you feel very confident.

It is run by Bedouins so it is a bit relaxed, don't stay if you expect everything to run on time, but they are also very relaxed so you wont stress about anything.

If you stay at Mohamed Ali you will get a discount on your dives (especially if you do more than 4 dives). I did my refresher for US$25 my advanced course for US$140 and each subsequent dive was US$20.

My favourite dive sites were, Canyon, Islands, Bells/blue hole, and Mashraba was great for a night dive.

Have fun and check out the fresh fish restaurant just off the main road into dahab town, the calamari is fresh and divine!

Cheers
Brad
:D

hi there,

i can just recommend the nesima resort and dive club...
everything was just fine.
except the water in the pool was a bit foul.
everything else is good!

cheers, mikee

Hiya,

I dived with Reef2000 - web is www.reef2000.com and they were great!!! A little bit out of town so very quiet!!!

Bells was the fav for me and the Blue Hole, also the caves to the south and the maze were good dives!!

Enjoy!!

Dougz

I noticed that you've probably already been on your trip but I figured I'd post this anyway for future surfers :)

I'm planning a trip to Dahab in November and I've gotten good reviews from fellow divers on two centers.
Planet Divers http://www.planetdivers.com
Poseidon Divers http://www.poseidondivers.com

The reviews were based on tech-diving, since that was what I asked about, so I don't know about rec diving.

Hello
I am at Club Red in Dahab. We offer special discounts on accommodation at our hotel/ camp, Mohamed Ali Village when you dive with us. Our dive centre is PADI 5 Star IDC and we have just updated our equipment. We also offer discounts on courses if you take 2 or more. Mohamed Ali Village has 100 rooms to suit all budgets as well as our garden cafe and laundry service.
So. when in Dahab, visit us first for our great discounts and great service.
You wont be disappointed!!
Club Red Sea/ Mohamed Ali Village

www.club-red.com clubredsea@sinainet.com.eg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom