Aqualung Legend LX Supreme

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stevek

New
Reaction score
Hi,

A question for you Aqualung experts out there...

I am considering the purchase of an Aqualung Legend and it comes in various configurations. The Aqualung material says the LX Supreme is tuned for cold water diving. I dive in both cold water (45-55 degree water) as well as in the tropics.

Will this regulator work well in both climates or should I just get the Aqualung Legend LX? Any personal experiences or information would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

I was talking to a Dive Shop owner the other day about the Legend LX and he was stating that you have to have a matching octopus. I mentioned that I have the Scubapro Air 2 and he said that the Legend would cause free flow and could not be used with the Air 2. If that is true then I'd be forced to purchase 2 regulators. Bad news. :confused:

Hey Mark,

Thanks for the info. It turns out I have the exact equipment configuration you mention; an air 2 is part of my equipment. I wonder why this configuration (or and non-aqualung configuration) would free flow in this situation? Perhaps someone else will fill us in more..

Thanks,

Steve

I have the Aqualung LX Legend with Aqualung LX Octo. It's a great reg, breathes easy at surface and at depth. I thought about the Legend Supreme, because I live in California and dive cold water Monterey most of the time. I read that the Legend LX Supreme really excels in really, really cold water, diving under ice and stuff like that where even a 7mm wetsuit is impossible to dive in. I'm not sure why the Legend would free flow when attached to an Air 2, sounds to me like the LDS trying to get you to buy a whole new octo. Might I also recommend getting the reg online, I got mine at DiveInn. It'll save you a bundle. Hope this helps a little, safe diving to all.

GO SHARKS! (Sign Selanne Please!!!)

Actually good news. You've found out that that shop is not to be trusted.

Did you ask them to explain why? Might have been fun.

Originally posted by mgreencrna
I was talking to a Dive Shop owner the other day about the Legend LX and he was stating that you have to have a matching octopus. I mentioned that I have the Scubapro Air 2 and he said that the Legend would cause free flow and could not be used with the Air 2. If that is true then I'd be forced to purchase 2 regulators. Bad news. :confused:

I have read that the Aqualung Legend series of regs have an "overbalanced" first stage. This apparently means that the intermediate pressure is automatically slightly increased on a "deep" dive to compensate for increased air density.

Because the second stage is also balanced there won't be a free flow problem, but if a second stage is fitted that uses a simple downstream valve then a free flow may occurr at depth when the IP goes up.

I don't pretend to be any sort of equipment expert, just my interpretation of info I've read.

Bought the Legen LX at Diveinn, excellent service, octopus is a Scubapro R380. So far 30 dives absolutely no problems with free flow.
max

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom