Atomics T2 Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ron Banks

Reaction score
I am looking at upgrading and the new T2 sounds awesome. I dove the B2 today and really liked it. Does anyone have the T2 yet? I have read the reviews and I know one instructor that really likes his.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ron

I've got one and love it. What would you like to know?

We have sold several of them, and I've used it myself. Really, it's simply an all titanium version of the B2, so if you really want titanium, which is nice against corrosion, and obviously is very light, and you don't mind dropping about a grand on a 1st and 2nd stage... It's great. If you want the same performance for closer to the $600 price tag... the B2 will give you the same quality.

WileEDiver:
I've got one and love it. What would you like to know?

I am transferring overseas so I want a reg that doesn't need a bunch of maintenance. Is there any freezing up issues? By the sound of the T2 with the Titanium it is lighter and stays clean. I was really looking for some more feedback on it before I spent $1400 on one. I have the Mares Proton right now and have had nothing but problems with it.

thanks for the help!

Ron

scubatoys:
We have sold several of them, and I've used it myself. Really, it's simply an all titanium version of the B2, so if you really want titanium, which is nice against corrosion, and obviously is very light, and you don't mind dropping about a grand on a 1st and 2nd stage... It's great. If you want the same performance for closer to the $600 price tag... the B2 will give you the same quality.

Thanks for the info. I went to your site to check on prices and you don't have the T2 listed. I do have a question about the Poseidon Odin / Jetstream. I was having a really hard time deciding between the T2 and the Jet Stream. Which one would you recommend?

Is the B2 a much better buy than the Oceanic Delta 4/FDX10? I only dive warm water (South Florida and Caribbean.) Could you recommend the best reg that I could get for ~ $500?

I appreciate any suggestions.

Rob

S4Guy:
Is the B2 a much better buy than the Oceanic Delta 4/FDX10? I only dive warm water (South Florida and Caribbean.) Could you recommend the best reg that I could get for ~ $500?

I appreciate any suggestions.

Rob

Both are nice regs... nice swivel, great performance. An oceanic will be cheaper, and has the dry technology thing in the first stage... great if you accidently drop it in a rinse bucket without the dust cap. If you don't have a huge preference between the Piston (atomic) and diaphragm (oceanic), I'd probably tell you to save the money and go Oceanic.

(pm sent)

Not to argue with Larry, but with the B2 only needing to be serviced every other year, the B2 might end up being less expensive over its lifetime than the Oceanic.

Ron Banks:
I am looking at upgrading and the new T2 sounds awesome. I dove the B2 today and really liked it. Does anyone have the T2 yet? I have read the reviews and I know one instructor that really likes his.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ron

Yes, the T2 does breath great and so does all of the other Atomic Models. I like the light weight of the T2 and the fact that the T2 is also environmentally sealed.
The B2 is not environmentally sealed but otherwise it is identical in performance to the T2. I have had my T2 for months now and love it. We have had no problems or issues with the T2 or any of the Atomic products for that matter.

seatiger:
Yes, the T2 does breath great and so does all of the other Atomic Models. I like the light weight of the T2 and the fact that the T2 is also environmentally sealed.
The B2 is not environmentally sealed but otherwise it is identical in performance to the T2. I have had my T2 for months now and love it. We have had no problems or issues with the T2 or any of the Atomic products for that matter.
You can get a kit to make the B2 environmentally sealed as well--it costs a little more, but that's how I got my last one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom